1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Airbrush!!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by tippy, May 20, 2022.

1. tippy

tippy New Member

i am a beginner that has done 3 reproduction fish that have come out like a beginner but do look nice!i have a iwata cn neo and im sic of cleaning it all the time and clogging.im ready for next level of quality but am mystified on options.whats the concenses on best to buy and type? im doing limited taxidermy fish but my main deal is reproductions for the catch and release crowd. alot of color changes and very little paint used when spraying! i have a good compressor already. thanks for the info in advance!

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Ok unless you want really good details your fine. This is what my workhorse looks like https://www.rexart.com/product3232.html
    No metallic paint goes through this gun.
    Your mail issue and it won’t matter what airbrush you own is learning to thin your paint by adding proper thinners like water, ammonia companies products and retarder or acetone and retarder for lacquer base paints. Then it’s air pressure some use 5-10 for details others up to 33 psi but it’s learning your paint first and then what your airbrush is capable of doing. Then using an gravity fed over a siphon fed paints are different mixed as one uses air to bring paint up and out while the other uses gravity to help flow paint.

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I know a fella that does some amazing stuff with just a neo. Good airbrushes help but they won’t make stuff next level. That’s up to the person