1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

White Crappie

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by yote20, May 23, 2022.

1. yote20

yote20 Member

Would anyone be able to help me with a paint schedule for this crappie? I have the Ron Reynolds realfish book but don't feel like the colors listed would fit this fish. I'm as new as it gets for doing a crappie. It's a personal fish so I'm not worried about messing it up and already expect it. So I'll start over if needed. There's a lot of blues and purples in the fish of like to replicate. Zooming in will show them 20220519_200746.jpg Any help is appreciated.

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I don't have a clue as to what the book you have says but those blues and purples are pearls and shimmers that are often achieved by adding them after the main colors and patterns are laid down but can be applied throughout the process to add depth. These are the colors I would use pure white, pearl white, gold pearl, bright yellow, transparent medium green, paynes grey, black green, black, shimmering blue irridescence. scale tipping would be shimmer powders in white, blue and violet.

3. yote20

yote20 Member

Would the correct order of coloring be to start with the green, yellow, and white colors as the base and then work up from there doing the shimmers and patterns?

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Typically I paint from light to dark but sometimes it is necessary to blend areas with a dark color prior to starting the rest.

Clew likes this.