1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Is There A Need For Wet Tanned Deer

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by MrThugsBunny, Jun 3, 2022.

1. MrThugsBunny

MrThugsBunny New Member

I was considering wet tanning deer capes for other taxidermists, is there a market for that kind of thing. I've done taxidermy for many years, mammals, fish, birds. But I've really slowed down and cut back on what I take in. I'm in a wheel chair now, so I've had to learn how to do things differently. I really want to stay in the business. But I've been thinking about maybe just doing tanning for other taxidermists. And getting away from all the other things. It's alot harder from a seated position. I had thought about doing only deer heads for customers, and staying away from all the things, lifesize, bigger shoulders, birds and fish. I never really was a birds and fish guy to begin with. Deer has always been my passion. Is there anyone else here that is disabled that has had to modify things to make it work for you? I actually use a mobility scooter now, so it makes things alot nicer. But I do miss being able to walk.

Deadduck likes this.
  2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

That must be a rough predicament to be in , the answer to your question is yes there is a need for wet tanning deer capes , I have a few taxidermist in my area ask me to do there’s but my shoulders have gone to shit , both replacements. It makes it hard to run the wheel so I try not to do any extras . Call your local taxidermist and let them know and show them the product your offering. It may take a bit but I’m sure if your product is good you will be busy in no time .

Deadduck, Clew, qltycapes and 3 others like this.