1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Piracy.

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Mudbat, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Piracy is lame. If you can’t do one good enough to put work up dont steal other peoples stuff and edit the photo to claim it’s yours.
    Tyler Erickson perch
    And mark Oslund Coho.
    Both pirated by Ole Crabby
    I’ll give it to him though he is pretty good with photo shop.
    877D33DB-4085-4734-838B-14E96E1D6BDA.jpeg 38FCF197-24F9-4344-A099-49934409C733.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    msestak, Beltonbanger and Kerby Ross like this.
  2. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Nothing new!

Kerby Ross and msestak like this.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

He was riding me in the bird section to post pics of my work. Maybe he should do the same, instead of other peoples work.

Kerby Ross likes this.
  4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I’ve been to his shop and seen his work, it is that good . I’m not getting in the middle of this but I’m sure there is a misunderstanding or reason as his work is outstanding. Hopefully Bruce will clear this up .

5. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

He has been busted on here before for posting other people's work as his own.

:(

msestak likes this.
  6. hada.jpeg Anyone recognize these fish?
    Brookie is the one from McKenzie catalog.
    Anyone doing open gill brown trout replicas

msestak likes this.
  7. 13 point

Gotcha, got no dog in this fight . I really don’t no why he would do that as he does great work. His shop is bout 25 miles from me. Not that it’s right , guess he thought that work was as good as his and didn’t have a picture of that particular species. I don’t know , guess I don’t want to believe it .

8. 13 point

These are close but not the same fish look at the spots, they are not the same one both , bottom pic has 3 distinct dots then a line of dots , top pic does not have . Just saying 588BC645-033E-4CBE-AB3A-73458453BD4C.png

9. 13 point

I’m really not defending and they are very very close but look at the tail fin and bottom fin of the yellow perch they are not the same either. Bottom pic there are cut outs or notches in tail and fin but not on top fish . Just saying 08AC9E88-4B4A-4EDE-A2CF-492253C95713.png

msestak likes this.
  10. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

If he can black out the back ground, he can add nicks and tears in the fins. The markings of the paint job match exactly in this pic. This pic here is very suspicious to me.

Bill Dishman and Kerby Ross like this.
  11. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

It is THE SAME FISH! With a couple of spots photoshopped out.

:)

13 point likes this.
  12. jimss

jimss Active Member

It looks like photoshop was already used to black out the background. It would be super easy to photoshop parts of a fish. Not cool to advertise with someone else's work?

Kerby Ross likes this.

Attached Files: