1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How To Build A Table For Dakota Iv Fleshing Machine

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by KerMac, Jun 18, 2022.

1. KerMac

KerMac New Member

I've purchased a used Dakota IV and a used Dakota V. Ideally, I'd like to mount them on the same table. The tables from VanDyke's/McKenzie and Matuska are over my current budget. Anyone have suggestions on creating my own? Does it have to have cut outs for the motor assembly or is there a way it can be under a table? Thanks!

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I have my fleshing machine on a kitchen counter top I got from Lowes. It’s not a Dakota but I’m sure you could mount it similar . I built a frame screwed to wall with 2 front legs , cut a hole out of the counter top and mounted . I can post pic if interested. Let me know .

woakley144 and KerMac like this.

3. KerMac

KerMac New Member

Oh, interesting! Haven't seen that before. If you wouldn't mind, I'll take you up on your offer to post a pic. Thanks SO much!

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

8BFA5327-F6C7-415D-8CE9-39750600D868.jpeg 1938C4E3-A991-447E-84E4-7CDB78D001F8.jpeg FE56FC22-896F-47A6-94DB-CED52C29F4F9.jpeg 41A7F1C5-5D00-4785-A854-D2FFDD45E383.jpeg

woakley144 and Johnnyclyde like this.
  5. KerMac

KerMac New Member

Thanks so much! Those pics area very helpful. Your set up looks perfect!

6. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have a Dakota IV. I cut the slot on the edge of the workbench and bolted it down. I'll be dipped in $hit if I pay what they want for a table that I can make for a fraction of the cost. The most expensive piece was the laninate I got from Lowes in the damage aisle for $25.00. I only needed about half of it.

woakley144 likes this.
  7. KerMac

KerMac New Member

Thanks! Appreciate the help. I also am not about to pay that kind of money for a table!!!

woakley144 likes this.
  8. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

I’d like one that has a hydraulic lift on the table. When my back gets tired I one position I could raise or lower it a few inches.

9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I ordered the Dakota Pro standing version so I could adjust it and build an adjustable table. When I got it, it was a table version along with an adjustable table. I called and told them of the mistake. They asked if I want to return it or keep it and the table and they would credit me back the cost of the table. So I went that route, However, the table is attached to a center post that adjusts up and down.

KerMac likes this.
  10. KerMac

KerMac New Member

Thanks, Tanglewood. That's helpful. :)

11. ARUsher

ARUsher Well-Known Member

I got one of those Husky adjustable work benches from Home Depot, cut a hole and mounted my fleshing machine on it so I could adjust up and down depending on what I am working on or if I feel like sitting or standing at the machine. It also comes in handy when my wife decides she feels like doing some shaving. She is a little shorter, so having it adjustable is the way to go for me.

12. KerMac

KerMac New Member

That sounds perfect! Thanks so much.

13. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

I found an adjustable height dental table and had a custom aluminum top make for it. A friend of mine has a water jet cutter and make a perfect fit. I was using a Dakota V and upgraded to a Dakota Pro, they changed out perfect too..... I can stand or sit at the table and have the ability to move it to storage when I'm done with all my thinning...

KerMac likes this.
  14. KerMac

KerMac New Member

Woakley, you rock! Thanks!

woakley144 likes this.