1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cost?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by 3bears, Jun 29, 2022.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    What do some of you charge for skulls such as these? PXL_20220629_152111827.jpg

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I've done 1 elk. I charged $200 but, as I macerate, I did very little effort for the fee. Free money for moving it from one bucket to the other .. and it taking up a fair amount of space.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Thanks for the reply. Yes elk aren't really that hard to do, they just take up some real estate when working on them. Moose are a little tricky as the antlers swoop down lower than the top of the skull and that skull is very thick. I hope others will chime in with their prices. I'll give it some time and then I'll post what I charge.

Sea Wolf likes this.
  4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

There are other shops that charge more. Maybe I should have, but this person also has contacts and will positively send more clients my way. ... Then maybe the price goes up a bit. Y'know .. inflation and the cost of gas n all. What I handed back was well above the quality of anyone else in the area and I'm pretty sure they won't flinch a lot at an increase because they have seen what they will get and I'm pretty sure they already want it. :)

I'm also getting older and don't want the amount of work I used to do. Raising the price might chase off a few .. which is ok too. Less work for me and easier than saying I'm booked up and refuse the work.

3bears likes this.