1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tasco Order

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John C, Jul 8, 2022.

1. I placed an order July 3 at 7pm.
    It arrived yesterday. about 3pm.
    4th being a holiday. I am happy with the speed cost of shipping $27.00

rogerswildlife and Ron B like this.
  2. Rob43

Rob43 Active Member

I placed an order with McKenzie on July 13th, still haven't received it ( 8/4 ).

3. Jim Keller

Jim Keller New Member

I’d call them. I tried to place an order with OTS on Wed doing it online to get the free shipping. Their website isn’t working right. I called them and they know it. She couldn’t give me the free shipping over the phone. I hung up and placed the order with Mckenzie. They had everything in their PA center. I drove there the next day and picked it up.

Despite their extremely annoying surcharge, I’m going to stay using Mckenzie.

4. Rob43

Rob43 Active Member

I've called them and emailed them. They said it was because they needed to make the form that I need. I'm thinking that may take 2 hours, tops? I don't know what the hold up is. I told them to let me know if it was going to be much longer and I could get it elsewhere, but they haven't replied.

5. Jim Keller

Jim Keller New Member

I’ll bet it’s a wall ped. I waited 3 months for one this year and I’m waiting for one now about a month. Don’t know what it is about wall ped forms.

6. Rob43

Rob43 Active Member

Nope, just a standard shoulder form. I cancelled the order and ordered from Research, a Hilton Eppley form.

7. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Research and TruFitt (they're affiliated) took 3 months each to get all my forms. They are not stocking forms on shelves like they used too. They are pouring them as we order them, but they have a back log of taxidermists waiting. When your number comes up - they pour. They buy their Urethane in 55 gallon drums and it is 300% higher because it is a petroleum products. Add this to the fact they have no employees and can't find any who actually want to work, and it is a nightmare. We just have to be patient with our suppliers, they are doing their best.

8. ARUsher

ARUsher Well-Known Member

I just ordered two lifesize bobcat forms and some ear liners from Mckenzies on Wednesday and everything got here yesterday. One day and only charged me $33 in shipping! I was pleasantly surprised!