1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Opossum Soft Mount

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Dead-Kryote, Aug 5, 2022 at 7:58 AM.

1. Dead-Kryote

Dead-Kryote New Member

Hey yall!
    Adult life beckons- I need some money for car maintenance, so I'm searching for a new home for this Opossum. Pelt from Moscow hide & fur, soft mounted by Urban Nature Taxidermy. Super soft fur, belly weighted with beads, and overall in excellent condition. Smoke free home. Asking $650 + shipping. Please email [email protected] if you're interested, and for pics. I can't upload any right now, but will later.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022 at 8:07 AM
  2. Penczak

Penczak Active Member

Are you out of your mind? $650 for a Possum, come on man...
    What the heck kind of possum do you have?
    Even a pretty New Zealand Possum is not worth that much.

3. You'll have better luck on eBay or Etsy there's more suckers there . It only costs like 25 cents for a listing .Gonna be a hard sell to taxidermists and majority of taxidermist have no interest in soft "mounts "

4. Penczak

Penczak Active Member

I mounted one hanging upside down with a pony bottle of miller in his paws.

I also had a pet possum one time, his name was george. (for real)

Pennydog likes this.
  5. i had a pet racoon named ajax when he died i mounted him and put him on the luggage rack of my 63 panhead harley,he turned alot of heads!

Penczak and bob wendt like this.
  6. Dead-Kryote

Dead-Kryote New Member

Hah, I paid around $800 for him. Mostly for the skill and quality of the taxidermist I chose. I may have to give Ebay or Etsy a shot instead though.

7. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

have had pet `possums since a kid. they are great.

Audra and Pennydog like this.
  8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

You paid $800 for a possum pelt and skull...shazam!!! You need to post some pictures of this possum...we got to see it!!!

tem and Pennydog like this.