1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Life Size Grey Fox Looking For Critiques.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Somdguy20619, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Somdguy20619

Somdguy20619 New Member

Getting into the art of taxidermy. I find it very intriguing and as an outdoorsman I've always had an interest. Have mounted two deer shoulder mounts. This is my first attempt at a lifesize looking for honest feedback.

Attached Files:

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Eyes are wrong shape and the glass eye don’t even look like a fox eye . Ears are wrong shape and in wrong position. Not terrible for first but you really need to look at reference pics. As I tell other beginners, break the picture down to smaller sections, don’t look at it as a whole fox , look at the ear and ear butt . Look at the whiskers you’re are different and in the wrong area . All animals have a pattern to there hair . On there legs , face and butt . Your hair patterns ore off . If and when you can concentrate on one small section at a time and get each of those shapes correct your mounts will just fall together. It’s all in the little details not the big picture. You have a good start , stay with it , you have the basics.

Robert Baker and 3bears like this.