1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by grumpa, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Matuska Just upped their prices considerably starting September. I hope they keep the candy.

2. I guess they just ain't as sufficient, and suffocated, as Amazon. Lol:D

Tanglewood Taxidermy likes this.

3. I wouldn't bet against that on any odds.

4. Those are no longer in business or relevant anymore . I've seen and worked on chase forms . I'll carve my own and save the hassle .

They may make a move like that that's good for business I have yet to see a company come close to what they've done ,you can't deny it's good for everyone .

I have yet to see on a single invoice or email that the 3.5 percent charge is due to COVID . That charge only started in the last year when Biden took office and the oil prices sky rocketed . Who ever is saying that is delusional and misinformed . Even the ladies on the phones never tell me that .
    Life's short be happy take a lot of trips and enjoy it . Too many people die young.

To those saying that McKenzie should ship like Amazon . Chances are how big is the item you order of Amazon ? Probably fits in a 12x8x24 box ? I'd say that majority of the time that's correct. It's a lot easier to anticipate cost of shipping that box than it is a Lifesize whitetail form or alligator or shoulder mount head . If Amazon has a flat rate price they are taking a gamble and a small hit . Where do most Americans live ? In the cities ,where as very rural areas like Alaska or western states they may pay more in shipping but made it back up when they account for most products going to cities where they travel less and are on trucks for less time . That's why there's many warehouses to cut down on time on trucks .when I order through McKenzie I may want to have a repro dinosaur mixed with 3 bird bodies and 8pairs of eyes along with 4 pounds of 16 gauge wire . To say that they should be able to give a flat rate or have it all figured it out is nonsense ,wayyyy too many variables for boxes sizes and places it can go and shipping restrictions.not to mention hazmats and such

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

The shipping that I pay for items I purchase from Amazon is the same price every time.
    That price is zero.

Kerby Ross likes this.
  6. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

this fiasco will continue as long as folks buy from them.

buckfever* likes this.
    msestak likes this.