1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Paypal Fraud Alert!

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by pir^2h, Aug 30, 2022.

1. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Be real careful. I think there is a paypal scam going on here. I got an e-mail today that looks like it is from paypal but they sent it to one of my addresses that is not associated with my account. I suspect they are wanting you to call and give them you paypal account user name and password. I didn't call. Share this with everyone you know. We don't need anyone to get zapped. Thank you!

From Paypal webste: (Appears to apply to this)

Conveys a false sense of urgency.
    Phishing emails are often alarmist, warning you to update your account immediately. They're hoping you'll fall for their sense of urgency and ignore warning signs that the email is fake. If there’s an urgent need for you to complete something on your account, you can find this information by logging into PayPal. Paypal scam.jpg

Crazy Indian Kid and msestak like this.
  2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I forwarded the e-mail to paypal for them to see what they can do.

msestak likes this.

3. Rob43

Rob43 Active Member

I had someone try to send money through my PayPal. It was stopped, and they didn't succeed.

4. tat

tat Active Member

If you feel you get one that is fraud forward the email to [email protected] and delete the email