1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bondo?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Colter Webb, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Colter Webb

Colter Webb New Member

I'm new to all of this, just getting my feet wet. I've been getting all of my materials together, and I have what is probably a stupid question. Is there a preferred or correct Bondo to use? I've seen people post about finding the cream hardener and what not, I have a buddy with a bodyshop who gets it by the pallet load, I can buy from him, I just want to make sure I'm using the right stuff.

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    as long as it is body filler, brand doesn't matter. In another life I was in auto body and we use to use many different kinds, whatever was available at the time in bulk.

3. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Well-Known Member

Yep just as 3bears said. The extra cream hardner is due to using more than you should. It makes it kick off faster then ya run out before the can of Bondo does.

4. Penczak

Penczak Active Member

I agree with the others.
    Expeiriment with it before you put it in ear liners.
    Their are all sorts of uses for it. You can add resin to make your own gelco. You can add color. You can add stranded fiberglass for extra strenth say for putting split skull plates on a form.
    Bondo is GREAT !!
    Us older guys use to use asbestos mixed with fiberglass resin to make something similar to bondo...

Richard C likes this.
  5. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention it’s great for ruining things it gets on if it drys. If any oozes out on hair use a brush and lacquer thinner to remove it before it drys.