1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Specilty Leather In Iowa

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Pro, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Pro

Pro Member

Does anybody know if Specilty Leather is still operating. Tried contacting them and the websites down and the phone number is gone. I need some African hides turned into Leather. If anybody knows could you post and let me know. Thanks

2. hoytarcher

hoytarcher Member

Iowa
    They have closed up shop and no longer in business.

3. I do tanning for other taxidermists, but I wet tan deer only, but sure seems like a lot of tanneries are closing up shop. Do you think it has to do with inflation and supply shortages?

4. hoytarcher

hoytarcher Member

Iowa

From my understanding, they closed up shop for family reasons. I sure hope that people aren't shutting the doors due to issues with making money.

5. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

New Method closed because of the homeless camp around the building and break in’s plus it wasn’t safe for the employees to work there. That’s what I heard anyway.

6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

A lot of factors are in this anymore like above plus Covid with workers, not getting workers, chemicals increase in price of water use etc etc.
    As we say it suck’s anymore due to government handouts!!

Keith likes this.
  7. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

That sure is a loss! Specialty always provided a great product and nice options for using those back skins. Plus they were always professional and had great customer service. This sucks!!