1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Giant Coons

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by BowDeadly, Nov 13, 2022.

1. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

A while back I bought what was suppose to be 2 GIANT 40 lb JUMBO coons from "Boob", I can't mention any names, don't want to tarnish his outstanding dealings on TAX/NET. I sent them to a highly recommended quality tannery and surprisingly they came back more like a med to large coon, if I didn't know any better I would think someone switched coons on the way to the tannery on me or they shrunk their ass off after tanned and that didn't happen. They only measured 2 inches less after being dry tanned. Glad they were for myself and not a customer. I just suggest when dealing with "Boob" you request a weight and measurements unless you don't care. I know what a 30 lb coon should be, I had one that I weighed, it was a giant. When looking at what looked like huge 40 lb. coons I bought two.
    After getting screwed by "Boob" I contacted and talked to many many trappers and tanneries and fur buyers, giving then skinned measurements they all agreed that the coons I bought were only 25 pound coons, that's a big coon but not a 40 pound JUMBO coon, not even close. I spoke to a couple coon trappers that catch over a thousand coons a year and some monsters. None of those monsters never weigh 30 pounds, usually 20/25 pounds. All the fur buyers I spoke with that buy thousands of coons every year told me 40 pound coons are usually 20/25 pound coons in most trappers eyes. Very rarely do any fur buyers rarely see any 30 pound coons, they do but not often, never a 40 pounder unless a pet and they are nearly unheard of. BEWARE GET WEIGHTS AND MEASUREMENTS IF YOU WANT SOMETHING SPECIAL.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  2. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Pictures can fool you, even the best of us.

image_67233281.JPG Pictures can fool you, even the best of us.