1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie And Shipping

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by tmf48, Nov 15, 2022.

1. I guess this is more of a rant than anything because I have only myself to blame for continuing to deal with these people. I ordered a set of Largemouth Bass fins and one 1oz bottle of paint that was shipped in a very small, lightweight box (see photo). The items were $23.00. The friggin shipping was 22.91!
    A couple weeks back I ordered a 22" largemouth repro, driftwood, eyes, and three 1oz bottles of paint. Shipping was only $32.00 and the box was a LOT larger obviously! I've emailed them but doubt I will hear a word back. I've enjoyed dealing with them over the past several years but it seems its always disappointment of one kind or another anymore. They have got to be losing business pulling this crap!
    End of rant...

Attached Files:

• box.jpg
      box.jpg
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    Pennydog and Michael Nelson like this.
  2. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Did they ship post office or ups ,I'm lucky with shipping I have speed Dee, I try to avoid ups at all cost,The problem with McKenzie now days is there products are scattered all over the country

tmf48 and Bruledrift like this.

3. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

SpeeDee was the ticket for me after having to order eye's one time that were 12.00 and shipping was 15.00.

4. It was UPS. Normally for a package this small I would have requested USPS but apparently (according to McKenzie) lacquer paints can't be shipped USPS.

Clovis Point likes this.
  5. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Maybe try fed ex ,probably not much cheaper

6. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    They are about the same
    High

7. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Ups has a 6% increase coming up as well

8. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

They're always having great sales on Super Fish Gloss.
    You get 1 can for the price of 2!