1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Using Pro-1 With Dry Preservatives

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Nick Poe, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Nick Poe

Nick Poe New Member

Ok, I've seen on Pro-1's product description they say it works only with tanned capes. Others have echoed the sentiment, but I've seen numerous posts where multiple taxidermists have great results using pro-1 with DPs. Can someone explain why it wouldn't work? And why it does work for many who've tried?

I have some DP work I'll be doing and a boat load of pro-1 laying around and would like to use it rather than buying alternatives for DP. Can someone with experience or good explanation can speak to this?

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

It’s generally incompatible with the products used in DP like borax, bug inhibitors etc.
    Whereas tanned skins have none of that.
    What happens is the glue will clump up and really make it useless. It’s why there are directions for products and how they need to be used. Going outside the box sometimes may work or many may think it works but once taken apart find out in reality it never did work. This is there are glues made for both.

Chancey Ray Watson likes this.