1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish taxidermy

Discussion in 'Training' started by zeb, Aug 30, 2007.

1. zeb

zeb New Member

Wanting to get started learning fish taxidermy. Rank beginner here, so looking for ideas on good way to start. I work fulltime so it would be hard to go to a school. Thought about videos. Can anyone suggest a good one? Saw something on here about vids from Denny somebody. What about that? Thanks.

2. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

Dennis Murawaska i hope i spelled it right, if you go to the WASCO website you should find the videos you desire there. Look up the fish category and search for weekend seminars, that will get you some "schooling" without missing work, Russ

3. zeb, To bad you could not use some vacation time to take a class, even if it was for only a few days. That is what I did last winter, I took a couple of weeks off from my full time job, used my air miles to fly to New Hampshire, from Alaska. I looked at a lot of schools and there seems to be some good ones, but I went with Rick Kranes, since he did one on one classes and from what I could tell from this forum and emails, Rick would be a great teacher. Let me tell you, it was one of the best vacations I have had. I could not of asked for more.
    I tried to use the books and videos and they are a great references, but nothing compared to having someone looking over your back telling you how your doing and showing you you right way to do things.
    Rick is also doing videos, I have yet to see one, but have heard they are great. and would be well worth looking at.
    You might want to see if there is someone in your area that could help you out on your days off.
    How ever you choose to learn, Welcome to the world of fish. Ask lots of questions on here and look through the archives. Some of the best in the industry are on here and more then happy to help out.
    Good luck!

4. zeb

zeb New Member

Thanks for the input. Some good advice.

5. choo choo charlie

choo choo charlie I feel pretty good for the way I feel

Dennis M. AKA den007 has a video that is more than worth the money, he like Rick, cecil , michael P. and all the rest are great teachers.
    I would never omit a name or cut anybody short but Den's video is one that I have actually used and learned a great deal from.