1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ted Wenenberg Duck Heads

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by dmac1175, Dec 7, 2022.

1. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

There may already be a post about this but I've been out of the loop. I sent a text to Ted to order a duck head and got a reply that he was no longer taking new customers. I responded with that's ok but I'm not a new customer. I didn't get a response back. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Is he limiting who he sales to? Is there anywhere I can purchase his waterfowl heads?

2. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Far as I know he's the only source. He does limit orders. He stays as busy as he wants to be.

3. Dark Man

Dark Man Well-Known Member

Had that same problem with Ted years ago,he told me he was only taking orders from his larger customers,apparently I wasn’t large enough,been using Caruthers heads ever since.Just order Shane Smiths heads from McKenzie,they are pretty much the same as teds,just might cost a little more.

4. X2 on the price of Shane’s heads and the material they’re made of doesn’t come close to Ted’s heads nor is the detail as good. JMO

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Yeah I get it, Ted's heads are the shit but does it really matter? Most can't get them. I've used a couple of Shane's heads and they worked good. Cost comparison, I can't say I have never purchased any from Ted, nor does it sound like I'll be able to.

6. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Check out the heads sold by Ohio Taxidermy Supply.

MRN likes this.
  7. I guess I’m lucky cause I can still get them and would rather use them than any other. Just prefer them. Used them for years

8. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Thanks for the replies.

9. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Check out Avian Arts heads also. You can get them from Rocky Mountain Materials and avoid the high shipping costs McKenzie has. The Avian Arts heads are comparable in weight to Ted's .

dmac1175 likes this.