1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Iso Albino Coon Tail

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by bucker, Dec 7, 2022.

1. bucker

bucker Member

I know this is a very long shot, but I need an albino Coon tail, the one on my customers Coon had fallen off and they would like to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

just bleach a different tail.

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Curious if that bleaching process can be done on a black bear to make it actually white. Been shown a "polar bear" and It really looks like black bear fur and claws. Paws are all wrong too, too small and not enough fur on them. But it is a white/yellowish color and not even a sign of black or brown.

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Yes , if you take BasicWhite or BW 2 and make a paste , dampen the hair then massage the paste into it . Cover with plastic bag, rinse out after 6 hours. Then redo as needed to get your desired color. Once satisfied shampoo and condition and blow dry . I took a deer head I got stuck with one time and made it an albino.

5. bucker

bucker Member

I will try the bleaching, thanks guys.

6. 08cliffhanger

08cliffhanger New Member

Can the same process be used on an existing mount or does it have to just a tanned hide or raw?