1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Been A Long Day

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Dave York, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

This has been my last drift wood journey. Here in the Commie state of California apparently collecting anything off a beach is now Verboten. Drift wood which was so thick on the beaches after the winter storms they have to use tractors and dump trucks to remove all of it is now not allowed to be picked up by citizens. It comes down every creek and river by the tons during storms.
    So this time I thought I better make it count.
    Last time I went was 6 years ago but never ever got this amount. The only thing is at 73 the wood has gotten heavier.
    9EFBC946-B635-40A7-BFE5-2B9B039FD90A.jpeg

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

That's a good haul! I buy cypress driftwood from Lake Pontchartrain that a commercial fisherman collects. It's a shame that people can no longer collect driftwood along the CA coastline...I guess that contributes to "climate change"!

3. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Same BS here in Louisiana. I switched to the Artificial a couple years ago.

4. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

younger wood is lighter :)

wonder what they're going to do with the wood they clean up...Burn It ?

5. GotHonks

GotHonks Well-Known Member

I guess if you comply to STUPID you can’t get free driftwood from the Ka coastline cus guarantee I will if want and they try and ticket me there will be a fight … I’m completely done with Stupid ruining My State .. I do my will . Not theirs and as it says I’m ready to fix stupid yesturday ..
    Californicstan , is the perfect example of why A SuperMajority form of Gov is illegal under US constitutional law .. Its all One sided , one way Like communism .. Cus it’s a one party system not a true Republic and it’s why the state has turned into an absolute bleep hole under a really stupid pos gov Gavin the pig Newsome ( Really begging for a dirt nap ) hope someone helps him Out with that soon .Don’t let it happen to your state cus its 100% the reason Ca is such a bleep hole now .. I comply to nothing I deem stupid … so a lot and especially gun laws they mean nothing 6 of 6 have been thrown out by scotus as unconstitutional..go figure so I never bother compliance to stupid and am ready .. Unlike the cowards that are happy to wear that yoke of tyranny .. I never will ..
    Say When III

Crittrstuffr and BrookeSFD16 like this.