Not enough homework can be done on mounting ducks before doing your first one. 1. From choosing to wrap my body rather than using foam which in my opinion created a super elongated body. Had I saved my body after skinning I would have a lot better reference. 2. Piecing together neck material which came out to be thicker than needed also hurting my mount. 3. An unknown film on my feet webs was observed about 2 hours after painting. Possibly masters blend that bled through mixing with my 50/50 satin sheen and refracted frost. No clue. followed breakthrough manual as best as I could. Bill also needs touched up from rolling around in toolbox painted for several months. 4. Poorly preening feathers for drying. Would love more constructive criticism on this mount. Everything I noticed after the fact has been noted to improve on the next. I do feel like I did a very good job on the fleshing wheel and washing/ degreasing which hopefully prolongs the life of this mount. The wife coming out to the garage fairly often with a screaming newborn made this process mounting my first duck a very challenging one but getting through the bird with the FREQUENT interruptions may be my biggest satisfaction of the whole process. Again I’m thick skinned and hope to hear more ways I can improve. I would love in a few years time to do this on the side from my full time job. I tried to do about a years worth of studying before really putting my hands on anything. It just turned into a love hate frustration once I started to mount the bird.