1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Karma?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Atdymoke, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Atdymoke

Atdymoke New Member

Okay, so what is the Karma rating under everone's profile. I've been visiting this site for years, like many others, and I know the request has been made for some sort of feedback model on everyone .... is this what "karma" is? I notice there is an applaude and smite option available under posts, but what constitutes either?

Thanks a ton
    Asher

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I think you answered your own question. Smite gives a negative number, applause produces a positive number.

3. Atdymoke

Atdymoke New Member

Cecil, Cecil, Cecil ...... first of all I'm glad to see you're still going after the GOP, just wouldn't be you if you weren't (presidential elections are coming up in a couple years, that should give plenty of time for the dems to buy a vowell and maybe spell out their strategy. ;D

Second, I know the definitions of applaud and smite ... my question is what constitutes either ... so in other words do I smite someone because I don't agree with them? Do I smite someone if they didn't come through on a deal? If I want to deal with someone do I trust the Karma or not worry if someone has +20 and -4? Does this clear my question up? ???

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

It's totally up to you. If you smite someone it's kind of like throwing darts at pictures of them. If you applaud someone it probably means you think someone adds a lot to the site or you like their posts. The only safe thing to assume is, if someone has a lot of negatives they proabably aren't liked very well and vice versa. Not sure I'd take it very seriously though.

My wife frequents an educational site where once someone acccumlates enough positive responses they get extra privledges on the site.

5. Atdymoke

Atdymoke New Member

Thanks Cecil .... that's kind of what I figured since there was no actual comments that were involved, but just wanted to make sure I understand the rules.

Take Care
    Asher

6. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

Hows it going Cecl???? ;D

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Who's Cecl?

What's your first name? Obviously not THE Jeff Compton of the Fish Painting Encyclopedia are you, as I saw you post some beginner questions in another category.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Hey Cecil, I like the way you superimposed the image of a conservative on a fake page of the most liberal rag the media has. Got any plans for making Katie Couric look like Queen Elizabeth or maybe Tinkerbell?

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

No, but I'm working on one of you. You might want to back off on the use of your personal pic as an avatar. ;) ;D

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LMAO Cecil, you don't even want to go there. I saved your photo already and was wondering whether I wanted to use your face on Liberace or Carmen Miranda.

11. Personally, I wouldn't give to much thought to the Karma rating. You can accumulate a whole bunch of smites from just one person who just happens to dislike you. That person may just smite you over and over regardless of your posts. Look at how many smites George and Cecil already accumulated, and they haven't even really posted all that much yet. ;D.

Even I have gotten a smite :eek:, and I haven't posted anything offensive or controversial. Maybe it was because I was slamming scorpions as being my arch enemy number one? LOL. Who knows. ::)

12. Atdymoke

Atdymoke New Member

I already have two smites and one positive, maybe I was smited for the Karma post ??? ;D

By the way Evelyn I haven't been on the industry section of the old forum in awhile and just went into the taxidermist relief fund website ... wanted to say thank you and great job, keep it up!

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

In that case maybe we should declare a truce on that of kind of thing. :eek:

I thought your present pic with a face that kept changing from yours to Bill Clinton's back and forth would have been a hoot. I'll hold back if you do. ;D

14. jcompton

Well its obvious you know who Cecl is,and what does it matter what my first name is? I really dont care that your first name is Cecl and yes I am a beginner,you gotta problem with that or are you just mad about the picture of your hero.

15. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Actually you took it wrong. No offense meant.

When I first saw your name I assumed you were THE Jeff Compton but when I saw you ask a question that was not as advanced as he is, I know you were't the same guy. That's really what I meant.

You actually should be the one apologizing to me for referring to my sweater in my avatar as a "Mr. Rogers sweater."

16. jcompton

I am sorry Cecil I was just playing around and I guess I took it the wrong way,again I apologize.

17. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Not a problem. BTW the Bill Clinton avatar didn't bother me. I dont' like him either. He's a sleezebag.