1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolverine

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Jim B, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Not a mount yet but thought some might like to see this.This is a locally caught wolverine,a big male.It has 2 white front feet,1 white fore leg and a big white "V" on his chest that extends all the way down his belly.[​IMG]

2. jimsoverns

jimsoverns New Member

that really is an awsome looking animal,makes you wonder if there isnt albino somewhere in the bloodline....please post a picture of the mount when its finished.....again truly awesone animal

3. catman

catman Active Member

Jimmy B. Is this one you have on hand?

4. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Yes it is.

5. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Here's another view.[​IMG]

6. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

thats cool, thanks for sharing, and please post a pic of the mount when it's done

7. Iowadeerhunter

Iowadeerhunter New Member

That is going to look awesoem when it is finished! What pose are you using?

8. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

I'm not sure yet on pose.Something to show off the best features.

9. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Jim, I know of a great form that you can use. If you need any reference info. Give me a call. LOL Thanks again for all the info and reference you sent me. The customer loved the finished mount. Todd ,.. SawtoothTaxidermy

10. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Jim. another picture of the one I just finished

11. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

I'll do that,Todd.I'm sure the customer liked that one.That's a pretty wolverine.The moose antler is a nice touch too.They are really fun to mount.

12. Just noticed the paw prints on the base-- neat idea.

13. thats an awsome lookin wolverine .....and a beautiful mount. very cool

14. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

thanks for the compliments. I was going to enter it in the Idaho show but backed out. I should have entered and used the constructive crirtcism. Next year I guess. I'll have another year of practice under my belt. thanks again

15. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I wanted to break some hearts with a picture. I'll keep trying but AOL keeps crapping out on me. Ken Walker has a 50 pound pure albino wolverine with red eyes he mounted. It won the WASCO Award in Birtish Columbia and should be in the next Breakthrough. He named the piece " A Boy Named Sue" (Google the title if you don't know the words of Johnny Cash's song) for obvious reasons. I'll try again in a few minutes.

16. George

OH, I tried again and I see this file is maxed out on pictures. Oh well, it'll be in Breakthough looking much better than it did in the dead animal picture.

17. catman

catman Active Member

I once mounted a snow white cougar.It was a very large tom but it had normal eyes.We just called him 'Ol Blue'. Maybe someday I will post a photo.

18. George

Ken says it's fixed. Now let's try again.

19. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

OH MAN what a gorgeous hat that one would make!!! :p ;) ;D

Wolfie

20. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Wow.That's incredible.I've never seen anything like it.I've seen a few with the extra white like the photo I posted,but never one like that.I can't wait to see the mount.Thanks for that one George.I've seen Catman's all white mountain lion and it was awesome too.I'm hoping we can talk him into posting a picture.I think a lot of people would like to see it.Again,I've never seen one like it.