1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

AWESOME PICS OF MY MONSTER NESTS

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Terry Prouty, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Terry Prouty

Terry Prouty Member

Thank you very much for commenting on my nest collection! :)

Actually, I got the nests on the Internet from various people across this country. They were mailed to me. I did not personally go out & collect most of them myself.

2. Terry Prouty

Terry Prouty Member

Sure, I will be more than happy to take your share! Please let me know if you come across any large nests. I will be very thrilled to add them to my collection!

3. Terry Prouty

Terry Prouty Member

Wasps abandon their nests AND die during the late fall/early winter. The original queen and all of the workers & males die. The only ones to survive the winter are the young queens which are born this year. The young queens will find places somewhere to hibernate and then they will wake up in the spring and start new nests.

By the way, your question is NOT dumb!

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

They like to hibernate in between boards and in nooks and crannies around buildings. One particular building on my property has so many swarming around it on a warm day in the spring that I avoid going into that building if possible. The wasp collection people told me they have a trap they use to collect them in these high population areas. I do not know how the trap attracts them.