1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #50 Sept 14th 2007- Sept 20th 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Sep 13, 2007.

1. den007

den007 Active Member

Hey Josh, that magnificent display of sculpting took me quite awhile. I just hope Cecil appreciates all the hard work!

I have a really sick idea for fish sculpting you might appreciate, but hey, there are kids on here!

I will post a pic when I actually make one......it is so messed up, but I know somebody will buy it!

2. (Salmo trutta wellhungus)

WOW
    Ok back to work for me :D

3. Actually i'm not, the face was more out of respect of a BAD joke :D

Hey i accidentally flipped off a priest once :D

I was in the passenger seat of the car when my friend stopped at a cross walk. I opened the glove box to get a map and he as a joke tried to slam it shut. I pulled my hand out but it caught my middle finger and gave me a wicked blood blister.
    I grabbed my hand holding out my middle finger in front of me and made a loud groaning youlp.
    As I look up there was a Priest walking in front of the car at a cross walk.
    And all he sees is me Flipping him the bird screaming!!!!!!
    He just looked me in the eye and hung his head shaking it in shame for me.

I felt so bad!!

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I greeted my Bishop at the end of a mass as "Hi Father!" He gave me a really nasty look that could have killed. ! It took me a second to realize what I had done and by then I realized how egotistical the man was. I can't stand the man. He has two body guards with him at all times ( one is a millionaire) and they literally push altar boys out of the way when people are taking pictures of the Bishop during the eucharist. Saw it with my own eyes!

One day after mass on the same day the Bishop had visited we had a dinner reception downstairs. The ladies of the church had a table set up with lots of sandwiches just for him (he's very robust). I decided the better sandwiches were at that table and went to get one. One of the ladies had a fit and said, "That's for the Bishop not for you!" I said, "I'm going to have one or two anyway as he sure doesn't look like he needs them." ;D Wow did the old biddy give me the evil eye as I munched down on one. :D :D :D

Turned out the Bishop never ate anything from that table as far as I could see. He probably hit an expensive restaurant with his Lincoln Town car later.

5. ;D

Ok to prove I have actually been working

Here is a 20" Female Kelp Greenling replica I just glossed.
    It was a custom molded and cast fish.

And let me tell you It was nasty!! Stomach acid did a number on this fish during freezing and thawing.
    The belly was as thin and fragile as wet tissue.
    I stitched her back together and am very happy with the results.

[​IMG]

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jknuth, that is an awesome fish!!! I have very little experience with salt-water fish, however I am going to florida fishing next month!!!!!! Hopefully come back with alot of reference, and a couple specimens to try molding myself. Great work to all. Very inspiring indeed.

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Josh,

If you do that well with the ones that cause you problems... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope to have a monster gill for you in a few weeks. You're welcome to actually come down and try and catch it fresh to mold here if you want! The big fishathon starts in about a week. Smallmouth, largemouth, bluegills, and a few yellow perch. Live smallies go to Bass Pro Shops except 48 smaller ones that need to be sacrificed for VHS testing on the 10th of October. After that the pond gets drained and rotenoned to get the fish we missed. Might be some interesting fish then too.

8. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Hey Cecil thanks,this walleye i caught is a nine pounder i caught out of lake Monroe.I have a 4 in yellow perch i will 360 also i was going to stalk or chase with this pig walleye

9. Thanks Jimmy
    Where are you headed in Florida? and what species are you going to target? Just out of curiosity.

One fun thing to try is if you are staying at a place that has a fish cleaning station where people throw chunks of fish in. Is to throw out a chunk of fish (head, filleted body, or cuda fillet) and put it on a huge hook with a nice leader.
    Big Lemon sharks hit these spots after dark, Id guess around 9-10 pm
    They come in every night.
    set up the pole pour yourself a drink and wait for the clicker to go off, and hold on!!!!

10. DanB

DanB New Member

Josh,
    Your kelp greenling replica is very nice! Love the scale tipping.
    Very realistic eye coloration. Good job!

11. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Nice stuff

Like the little gill Randy Joe

Nice perch Cecil- one of the nicest of the nicest- nicest nicest 8)

Great fish Josh- did those fish get shipped ?

Just took in an order for another steelhead Dave- will contact you soon.

Here is a fresh molded pike repro.

Fish layed up and ready for molding

[​IMG]

finished piece, sorry for the small pic, it's all I've got

[​IMG]

and a 42" flathead. This fish lacked some of the bloching we normally see on flatheads...

[​IMG]

12. I will be shipping them out any day now.
    Thanks for the tips :D
    Nice pike
    I love seeing them in the molds, It helped me figure out how to do it better.
    Here is one more for the same customer
    A Sandpaper skate
    again custom mold and cast

[​IMG]

13. JK i love your fish work....great work ;D

14. gfranke

gfranke New Member

Rick,

You need to give Dave S. a few days off that whale shark project so he can finish up the bear and cougar heads I've had down his shop since......

Well, I can't remember since when!

George F.