1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lonestar taxidermy training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Valdo, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Valdo

Valdo Member

Anybody has been trained by Bob at Lonestar taxidermy in Texas City, Texas? I contacted him and he said he was willing to train me. He sounds like a good person that is willing to help. I'm almost a complete beginner having done only a couple of snakes and tanned some skins. The only thing is that his website doesn't have any pictures of his work and that is something I would like to see. I'm interested in learning how to do a deer shoulder mount. If anyone has had training with him please let me know.

2. northflorida

northflorida New Member

North Florida School of Taxidermy will help you out, in your training. Check out our web page www. schooloftaxidermy.net

3. mntduks-tx

mntduks-tx New Member

bob is a good guy. he has been in the business a long time. i know he does fish very well. his son randy is very good on birds. i honestly dont know about their gameheads or their teaching methods. i think you would get a fair deal in doing business with them. i know that randy did some competitions in the mid 90s and bob and linda were pretty active in the association at one time. bob continues to support the association by having a booth advertising his supplies at the state conventions.

good luck.

4. As mentioned Bob And Randy have been at this a long time, I started my taxidermy business back in 1977 and Bob was doing taxidermy back then.

5. Valdo

Valdo Member

Thanks for your replies. It seems that he can really be of great help to me. Thanks once again.

6. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

I,m in Georgia and I train One on One. www.taxidermyschool.webs.com Call me and I'll give you more Info......Thanx...Tom