1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

replicating driftwood

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by sawtooth taxi, Oct 22, 2006.

1. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

I have a piece of driftwood that I used with a lazy racoon mount and I would like to have several more. The piece of driftwood really fits the mount and I want to use it again. What is needed to replicate this piece. I know the answer is probably pretty long but if you could point me in the right direction to some info. or to someone who could do it for me. I would appreciate it. Thanks, Todd

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

The Breakthrough Habitat manual has a section on molding and casting driftwood. I've never tried to do it though.

3. Sawtooth Taxidermy,
    If you go to the link attached, it will point you in the right direction. It is Smooth-on's Taxidermy instruction pages. You can find instructions and material for molding and casting being used.....Good luck ! ;)

http://www.smoothon.com/txidrm.htm

4. sawtooth...I have several pieces of driftwood I am probably never going to use...If you are interested...shoot me a PM.. about 14 pieces all told...about 3 feet long.

5. bagumbas

bagumbas Guest

saw tooth i could replicate that for u pretty easily e-mail me [email protected]
    thanx todd Big Shot Reproductions

6. hutch1

hutch1 Guest

bagumbas, can you replicate pine tree bark?