1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eye Reference

Discussion in 'Fish Reference Photos' started by Capt. Bryan, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

Lets start a new one! ;D

2. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

Re: saltwater fish eyes

;) rock hind grouper

3. Re: saltwater fish eyes

Hey ! look how far the eye has bulged out ( over the half way point ) on one of rick's Bass pic's that you posted did you notice how much she extrudes out of the socket ?
    Thanks for the picks Capt !
    Buck...

4. does anyone have a musky eye pic they would like to share , i am in need of one for the painting of a flint.
    thank you

5. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Re: musky eye

Hey Joe!

Heres a few pic's If I have time I'll go get a few more of my photos if you need them.

Rick[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mark kranz likes this.
  6. Re: musky eye

I'll try...Somethin is wrong......I'll try again later...
    Buck....

7. will

will what a good look'n son of a gun

PA.
    Re: musky eye

just my 2 cents...howevr,,, i only use musky eyes from john reinhart...they have the correct oval shape and the color is great..

Will

8. Here is a pic of a walleyes eye for anyone needing reference.
    [​IMG]

9. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Re: pic of walleye eye

Nice pic. Shows good silver on the cheek and side also. Don't see that on many mntd. fish.

10. I don't know if it's been kicked around before, but with all the excitement about the latest artificial eyes (and some of the renderings I've seen on here lately), has there ever been any thought to starting an eye reference thread? I've already seen some real nice eye photos. It might be worthwhile putting them all in one place for quick access (species folders?). I'm attaching some examples.

KJS

11. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

Here is a couple I can't remeber how to crop the photo though.

12. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

OK... sounds like a plan. Here are a couple of saltwater fish eyes for you. One is a striper and still alive and the Atlantic cod also is still alive. JL[​IMG][/img]

13. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Here's a few!!!
    1) LMB
    2)Golden Rainbow
    3) Steelhead Male

14. I don't want to make work, but I think for a thread like this to be really effective, it should be treated like the Fish Reference thread: an organized folder housing the various species threads. It would make the reference much easier to find and it would illustrate the fact that no one species eyes are completely identical. I would think the photos, particularly eye photos, should be as high resolution as the forum allows.

If this is something that everyone believes is worthwhiile and should be pursued, all we would need is a place for a folder and we could start "spreading the threads".

KJS

Here's an example of a decent mooneye eye.

15. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

there are some fish ref pictures on here perhaps a good spot.

16. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Silver Salmon 1

17. Terry

Silver salmon 2

18. Terry

Silver salmon 3 (I actually scored a bunch of silver photos this summer; I guess I need to get around to posting other shots on the photo thread).

19. Terry

Dolly Varden 1

20. Terry

Dolly Varden 2- spawning