1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eye Reference

Discussion in 'Fish Reference Photos' started by Capt. Bryan, Oct 22, 2006.

1. It is very species dependent as well.
    The suckers and redhorse I posted were vertical and they often have this extreme eye tilt in the water as well.
    When we were on this trip I took a bit of time to do some swimming with the fishes to see them in the water.

2. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Their mouth kinda points to the bottom too, wonder why. Because they're trashfish's bottom feeders.

3. fishtail

fishtail New Member

Mountain Whitefish

4. If by bottom feeders you mean predatory fish that feed on insects living in the rocks, then yes tis true.
    ;D

5. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Actually I was referring to Terry's backup singers. lol.

I thought predators had teeth!

6. LOL

Predator
    pred⋅a⋅tor
      /ˈprɛdətər, -ˌtɔr/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pred-uh-ter, -tawr] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. Zoology. any organism that exists by preying upon other organisms.

just because they are not all Piscivores doesnt meant they arent predatory.

Actually I am sorry if I got a bit snippy.
    I have a great love for some of these species, in fact the greater redhorse is threatened in Wisconsin and the same day I caught the greaters in the picture I also ran into a group bowfishing who had wiped out an entire spawning redd of 15 fish.
    Their excuse was they were trashfish. Made me sick

Its amazing to watch these fish actively hunt, they move in groups and will turn rocks and chase insects and crayfish out from under the rocks.

7. JE

JE Well-Known Member

European Perch, more pics in reference thread. Just wondering when/if this thread will get put on top ?
    [​IMG]

8. Musky

Attached Files:

9. roonie

roonie Member

rainbow trout eye..Saskatchewan triploid

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

Fish eyes

This looked like some good refrince pics . Hope it helps some one .

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.capawock.com/jalbums/FishEyesAlbum/slides/Striped%2520Bass.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.capawock.com/jalbums/FishEyesAlbum/FishEyesMV.html&usg=__t0Fw-poKLIzHSIpVHmlcTzfjKsU=&h=780&w=1155&sz=96&hl=en&start=51&um=1&tbnid=495S7rjR8cz5LM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DStriped%2Bbass%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D36%26um%3D1

11. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

12. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Just came across this thread again while looking for common carp eye, just thought it was worth re listing.

13. check out this alaskan coho eye!

Attached Files:

14. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

Here is a Bluefish eye.
    [​IMG]

15. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Nice pic's! I have noticed this variant pupil with it's downward orientation, on most PNW salmon species but with low percentages. For some reason certain salmon need to have easier viewing downward than others. A lot of fish have forward oriented pupils, favoring their "sight groove" over the nostrils and past the snout.

Thanks Ken for pinning this thread here!
    J

16. Tiger musky

Attached Files:

17. here are 2 little farm pond bass eyes. sorry i wasnt born to take good pictures. :D

Attached Files:

18. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

I'm looking for an eye reference photos for hucho hucho, European taimen!
    If some had any please add on topic!

19. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

20. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member