1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (Starting Sept 21)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Sep 21, 2007.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

artwildcreate, go hug a bunny. Dennis, you're just a "HO" ;D LMAO

To each his own, look at the RE-CREATED senseless death on your primetime T.V. every night & do something about that if you want to rally a cause artwildcreate. What did you think of the Hyenas with the dead bloody water buffallo at the convention in Kerrville???

2. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

michael P, you are missing the forrest for the trees on what I said.. I don't have a problem with a mount depicting something taking place in nature.. i.e.. predators attacking and killing thier prey. I do have a problem with a mount depicting a poor shot arrow with the deer trying to pull the arrow out with it's mouth.

Jhawk, your response is as redneck as your mount.. Ever heard the saying ...." Water seeks it's own level..." ?

3. ladyarcher726

ladyarcher726 2012: 1st & best of category

I personally admired JHawks mount. I think it was very well done. As a bowhunter myself I see this as a natural scene, and anyone who says they have never in thier hunting career made a bad shot is just kidding themself. I would rather see a deer hit in the shoulder and walk to live another day, than to see it gutshot and left dying in agony for days.
    I do respect everyones opinion and good points are made on both sides, but If I walked into JHawks shop and saw that mount I'd admire the heck out of it, good job on your mount!

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

So if I mounted a life size deer that is gut shot, that would be ok? What about a failed Texas heart shot with the arrow sticking out of the animals rear vent? Would that be ok? The pose is bad taste. I didn't say JHawk is a bad taxidermist, I said any wounded pose is in bad taste. I saw an arrow stuck in a shoulder mount hanging in a outdoor sports show, were campers that don't hunt got to see it, and I didn't pay it any attention until I saw a mother cover her kids eyes and swoosh them on to the next isle. Now if they saw a fawn curled up resting in the grass, the non hunting family might have admired it. I don't have garbage in my lawn for the neighbors to see, and I won't do a pose depicting any man made wound.

5. michael p.

Mr.T, you sure are a sensitive little Yankee ;)

6. gab

gab Active Member

artwildcreate used redneck as a derogatory term.to me ,redneck is a compliment.If it were'nt for rednecks,I'd probably be flipping burgers

7. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Mike, It's just a personal thing, not the ho" thing but the arrow thing. LOL
    I do tell store owners about those kind of mounts and have no problem with animal /animal kill scenes.
    I just won't do it.
    Everyone has the right to do whatever they like.
    But it's even offensive to me as a hunter, Yes you have the right to do it, But I wont.
    Everyone has their own scrooples.......

8. michael p.

He must have turned into ne of those "High Falootin" Texan's Gary ;) ;D LOL

I know what you mean Dennis. I'm not real fond of seeing animals in a foot trap, but I also realize the reality of it & sure wouldn't pass up one of the good furs in a New York minute so I just let it go & don't let it affect me.

By the way.....does it seem to anybody else that Paul (AKA Mr.T) is becoming a wussy ??? ;D LMAO

9. what happend to game head of the week....

10. michael p.

artwildcreate started whining about Jhawk' offensive mount.

11. now then boys and girls, lets play nicely :)

12. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

NAH, Mr.T ?? , he's one of the good guys.
    I know him personally, he's been to my studio.
    He's Okay!

Hows that Paul ? , ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

13. NDNHunter

NDNHunter 2007 World Chamionships, Reno

Here's one of my biggest non-typicals. 180" 350lb. Alberta Canada brute. ;)

14. Ihntdeer

Ihntdeer Member

4000fps, why the cargo strap on the elk???

15. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Here's my contribution. My first OM whitetail.

16. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

And one more...

17. jennifer

jennifer New Member

Nice job on the open mouth Ted. I like the coloring on the noses. I see so many that are too black. You should make a lot of money on it. Do I get 20% for child support for our love child?

18. jennifer

jennifer New Member

White Fallow
    [​IMG]

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Yes, good job on the OM Ted. It looks content on eating.

Thanks * for your support. Not that I needed it considering the source that tried to get me riled up. ;D

20. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

coyote - look at scarring on this guy - he has it all over hhis snout