1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (Starting Sept 21)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Jen.....does it have to be about the money????? LOL

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Was the tail worth it???????

3. countryboy36

countryboy36 New Member

ohio
    hey jhawk good looking mount i see both sides of the topic but if thats what the guy wnated then i dont see why its such a big deal.your in taxidermy to make money and you did thats what pays the bills right.

4. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

Thanks countryboy36 and to all that complimented this mount My post certainly rocked the ethical boat. This particular archery customer has 9 deer that I have mounted, from pedestals to wall pedestals to all your basic poses. When he brought his deer in he asked that I do something completely different from the mounts he has. He gave me a hint to what he wanted but I decided on the final pose. I enjoyed the chance to be creative for a very good customer. He was very pleased with the results not only because it is different but this pose depicts what unfortunately can happen in the real world. It's a bad hit as most hunters can relate to. People who criticize bowhunters for hits like this evidently haven't seen a deer with a leg blown off because of a marginal or bad rifle shot. IT HAPPENS. People have their own opinions about this mount but I'm not going to change my interpretation of what is real in the hunting world just because bunny huggers and PETA don't approve.

5. classicfur

classicfur Taxidermist - 30 Years

Maine
    Just Finished Moose for customer. Antlers were old cut offs mounted on different cape.

6. Nice moose Classicfur

7. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

nice moose

8. Mike198310

Mike198310 New Member

Okay I'm late on this. Jhawk, Great mount, I love it. Sorry that people don't understand reality. A poor shot but a kill and a mount of a beautiful deer. This complaint coming from a man that has a picture of him holding a fish, hmmm didn't think fish could breathe out of water? So you are showing yourself inflicting pain on a fish? :eek: PETA PETA. Also Ted beautiful mount with the deer eating. Just be careful I mean that grass will make people complain because it was pulled and you can see where it was ripped from the ground.. Its just as bad as a arrow in a mount. LOL.. Jhawk, keep up the good work

9. buckhunting101

buckhunting101 Hides N Stuff Taxidermy

Awesome stuff.

10. DropTine

DropTine DSCN0137.JPG

3rd deer

11. max

max New Member

My first ever impala!!!!  I just started doing African game after 21 yr of reg. N. American.