1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEW ENGLAND BIRD SEMINAR PICTURES

Discussion in 'Training' started by Steve Hackett, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Just want to thank everyone who came out to the NEAT waterfowl and Pheasant seminar today.
    Big thanks to Fred Barilla and Rick Mcguire for helping out.
    We ended up mounting 2 birds today from start to finish along a great group of taxidermists.
    I sure hope everyone had a great time
    Here are a few pictures.
    Fred skinning a pheasant
    [​IMG]
    Myself with an eider with the help of Frankie Barilla
    [​IMG]
    Everyone had a chance to flesh those great smelling seaducks
    [​IMG]
    Mr. Rick Mcguire showing how to cast bird heads
    [​IMG]
    Fred and Myself getting ready to mount these birds
    [​IMG]
    and this was all before lunch
    [​IMG]
    After lunch prep the eider for mounting
    [​IMG]
    Rick pouring heads
    [​IMG]
    Fred wiring up the pheasant
    [​IMG]
    What a fine looking speciman
    [​IMG]
    Pheasant almost complete
    [​IMG]
    Eider almost there
    [​IMG]
    umm Fred the head is on the other side
    [​IMG]
    Fred putting on the final touches
    [​IMG]
    eider getting ready for grooming
    [​IMG]

Last but not least the NEAT bird Crew
    What a bunch !!!!!!! Thanks everyone I had a great time
    [​IMG]

2. Moose5222

Moose5222 Guest

Steve,

Sorry I couldn't be there. Thanks for sharing the pics....kudos to you, Fred, and Rick for sharing the knowledge. Looked like a very informative seminar. Good Job! :)

3. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Thank you to all who attended. For those who didn't, you missed a great time. Good people, great instruction, good food, and quite a few laughs. To Fred, Steve, and Rick;
    thank you for the sharing of your knowledge and techniques. You all are an asset to the Taxidermy community. If I had to sum it all up in one word, "FASCINATING". I cannot wait until the spring workshop.

4. ladyarcher726

ladyarcher726 2012: 1st & best of category

that looks like a great time! I'm curious tho, did you just borax the skin and then mount it? You did a bird from start to finish in one day? I'm sorry, but I didn't realize that was possible!
    I am going to join my state association so that I can attend seminars as I was told it would really help me for learning. There's a show in february and I am already looking forward to it!

5. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

The first half of the seminar involved skinning fleshing, setup and prepwork with different "practice" birds. The birds that we mounted in the afternoon were skinned fleshed, setup, tumbeled, dried and ready to mount ahead of time; although we did borax them just prior to mounting.

ladyarcher, I would encourage you to get involved with your state association and take advantage of programs like the one the NEAT offered this weekend. Like anything else, you get what you put into it; and the friendships that you will make will last a lifetime.

A huge thanks to all who attended the workshop on Sunday! It is always a thrill and an honor to share information with friends. For those of you who could not make it, please keep an eye out for our next seminar to be scheduled for March; and see what the NEAT can do for you!

Fred Barilla

6. Fred and Steve, sounds like it was an great time. Im sure it was as you guys always give 110% percent to NEAT and its members. Sorry i could'nt make it. I am so ready to come back to the show next year. As always, if you guys need anything or if i can help in any way please let me know.

See ya soon,
    Matt.

7. Tmbrwlf52

Tmbrwlf52 Member

Well me being a newbie and not even a member yet of NEAT let me say it was a pleasure and very informative attending . The group of gentelmen who did the seminar made it a pleasure to learn . The camaraderie within the organization and amongst the others who attended was very pleasing and educational to say the least . Steve again thanks for allowing nonmembers to attend .Soon I will not have to say that as I will be looking forward to joining your fine organization and group of guys and becoming a member as we discussed. Again Thanks to all ,John.

8. after the shot

John,
    It was great to see you again, and am glad that you will be joining our great association.

9. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Matt, we just may take you up on that this year once we sit down and decide on seminars for the 2008 NEAT Convention. You do a hell of a job yourself, and I know the NEAT will benefit from your knowledge. I will be in touch, and thank you for your dedication and loyal support through the years.

Fred Barilla

10. Thanks everyone for the kind words, I truly had a great time sharing Knowledge and stories. I wish I could do this every weekend. As anyone who has met me knows, I have plenty of stories and some good tips like "keeping your mouth shout while skinning an 11ft snake"
    Matt Thanks for the encouragement, and I can't wait to see you and your outstanding work next June.

John, Good Luck at school and I hope to see you in March and June next year with some great stuff.

I just want to let everyone know that we are already in the works for our Spring seminar in March just a hint it could smell fishy or it could be hairy

Scott all I have to say is "Fascinating"

11. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Steve,

I wasn't going to say anything, but now that you mentioned the snake story, you can't keep the taxinet crowd in suspense. You have to tell it again!

12. after the shot

I'm busting a gut right now just thinking of it