1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ 1 YEAR!!!!! Week #52 Sept 28th 2007- Oct 4th 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ 1 YEAR!!!!! Week #52 Sept 28th 2007- Oct 4th 2007

Good Morning from Hinsdale New Hampshire! I hope all is well in the world of fish! Taxidermy is and always has been about milestones and progress both personally and as a industry I with great honor and pleasure want to thank and celebrate the efforts of the good folks who started this post one year ago. Mr. Greg and Aaron Stehling. Outstanding and great people who care about the betterment of Taxidermy!!! Thank you!

This string has provided all of us who take the time each and every week to enjoy as well as contributing to one of the highest generating strings on the Forums . Congratulations also goes out to you all for making it a success! Here's to another year for great art work by the fishheads and lots of friendship and comradery through valuing the inspiration we all share with one another! So with out further ado!

Week # 52 is upon us. Thanks to everyone who has participated last week! Well Over few thousand hits!!! Huge!!!!!! This is every week one of the biggest most popular spots on the forum! It is because you share your talent and knowledge with others in a positive friendly manner! Folks need to see that learning is not about any thing then having fun and appreciating great work! Here's to all of you!

Last week we had some Great Fish from a lot of giving folks who don't mind sharing and helping others with some inspiration and cool fish!

We had lots of new folks and some folks who haven't been with us for a while! Welcome and Welcome back! The work this past week was nothing short of breath taking and the artist who shared take a bow for your beautiful efforts!

Each week Pictures can be posted of recent work or work your proud of to show and share with your peers!

Everyone is welcome to post, from beginners to the advanced.

I thought I would start out this week with a few pictures of a Anglers Artistry recent student in progress Mr.David Jeffries of St. Amant Louisiana! David is here for a 5 day workshop and we have mounted a Spotted Bass complements of Randy Kittle of Georgia and have been fishhing a 40" Red Fish (aka red drum). Heres a few pictures of the Red Drum in progress. I will post the finish fished later in the week. The head and fins are not done in the pictures. Pre stages and most of the hand work done. Have a great week!!!

Your friend Rick Krane

Here is David with a Red fish ready to go.
    Here is a pre paint work picture with spots shaped out and some hand work done.
    Here is David in a gooofy picture. I think there may be a resemblance? LOL!
  2. Amazing work!!! I am headed to Florida in 2 weeks, and hope to catch some of those buggers myself! Can't wait to see the finished piece, it already looks amazing!

3. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Good morning! Mr. Corey logo of Western PA and a good friend and member of the Anglers Artistry alumni sent me this beautiful Sunfish which he recently did for a customer. it is always great to see the work folks are doing after fish boot camp! Great work my friend!!!!!
  4. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Heres a little project i did for ebay.
  5. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Here is my mount for this week. Tench (Tinca tinca) 14" skin mount, artificial head, custom painted eyes
  6. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout New Member

Taxidermy isn't my profession. It's a hobby that I enjoy. Because of this, I usually only mount fish for myself and my friends.

Here's a redfish that I finished for a friend of mine for free. It's a skin mount of a 35". I cast the head out of fiberglass, though.

Sorry about the quality of the pic.

7. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice beginning stage pictures of the Red fish. Working Dave pretty hard Rick? Looks like on the last picture you finally gave him a cup of Joe!! Look forward to seeing more of the progression.
    Fin and Flight, Nice display. Shouldn't you be a Colts fan?? Lions gonna take you guys anyhow this weekend! ;D
    Nice job to the other guys also.
  8. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

nothing this week foir me been to busy with football ....good looking fish so far guys
  9. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Nice one Perca, did you scale-tip it? ;D
  10. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Peter Span, No I didn´t scale-tip it. Too many and too small scales vs. too little time. ;D
  11. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Well normally i would say your crazy but the Bearshave issues and I was born n raised in Chicago was at the 85 NFC championship game so being a bears fan is like being a soprano once your in you dint get out lol Brian ill send u tissues for sunday
  12. den007

den007 Active Member

Another week, another walleye. Looking forward to doing a steelhead and grayling soon.
  13. Awesome Walleye. I have to do a stringer mount in Dec. Can't wait.
  14. I just shipped this Brown trout to the U.K., so I thought I would post a few pics of it.... 8)
  15. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Great Trout Don !! :eek:

1 year..seems like just yesterday. Great Job everyone. Looking forward to another year. I did a little math, and there have roughly been 1000 pics posted over the last year :) Thanks Rick for taking it over. As we get into our busy season, you will see less and less of us( until January lol)

16. burger

burger New Member

17. NOAH@aarrkk

NOAH@aarrkk Member

Here's an interesting, first-time fish for me: a 21 inch Dragonfish or Arrowana(sp?) Custom molded and cast.

18. Dondi, I love the eyeset on the brown. Arrowanas are cool looking fish. I used to feed one goldfish!!! They have such large scales, that you can get as creative, and spend as much time as you want tipping them!!! Great work.
  19. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Great fishman love that brown
  20. Here is a bass I just finished up for myself. Its a very dark fish, caught out of a muddy farm-pond. There isn't a lot of paint on it, and didn't want to "overpaint" it, so its pretty BLAND. My other good pic was too large to post, so all I have is this one. Sorry!!!