1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Season Good Luck Indicators

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AndyO, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Wondering if you all believe an event or type of customer at the start of a new season brings good luck for the whole year? Reason I ask is I had two new clients bring me the seasons first whitetail and for some reason, when they were deciding what pose would look good in their home, I thought to myself this is going to be a killer season. Thank you Courtney and Anna for the your business :eek:.

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

I thought the same thing this year when a new client drove 2 1/2 hours with a buck of a lifetime. After seeing the third wt of the season on the first day, it looks to be one that will be read about.

3. EX-NTA

EX-NTA New Member

I hear you! The first and only deer I've taken in this year was shot by a high school friend that decided to take up bow hunting about a month ago. A mutual friend called me to take a look at the buck and to try to convince the hunter it was worth mounting (he was totally serious). One look at the buck and I was slobbering all over myself. He is unofficially the new #2 All-time Nontypical Archery Mule Deer in Idaho (I confirmed it with Pope and Young last week) and will easily beat the old #2 by about 25 inches after the drying period. The Buck is 16 X 9 points, in full velvet, and will score well over 240". An amazing buck! I'm working on getting him some magazine/calendar deals, but I'll post some photos later if I can.

Wade

4. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

i sure hope so as well, i usually dont get many bow season early half deer in here in el cheapo central, but i already have 2 and it appears with all the calls coming in, that more will follow, i am glad things are going well for everyone else as well.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I know it's gonna be a good season because I have went up $75 on my Deer heads and one customer said "I've been wondering when you were going to finally go up" and the frugal grandpa who's grandson I mounted a deer for last year brought his own & said "I don't care about the price, just make it look as good as you made my grandsons look."

That made my day!