1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Some more rocks

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by jeremy, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Im having fun now

[​IMG]

2. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

They look good, I'm still in the stage were its more like work, I can't wait to start having fun.

3. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Its amazing how I never noticed rocks untill I learned this molding thing. Now Ill see a rock and think hey that would look cool and I have to tell myself, slow down wait untill you need one. ;D

4. AndyB

AndyB New Member

nice molds i do the same thing walking around

5. just wait until you start seeing a rock you want to mold and have to come up with an excuse to do a mount for it. lol

6. daniel

daniel New Member

jeremy you will have to do a step by step for rocks as you did with the birds heads ive made a few heads now with the silicone quick and easy with amazing results thanks again the best DANIEL ;) PS WHAT ABOUT SHELLS ??? sorry jeremy i see jknuth has done it i didnt want to increase your work load the best DANIEL ;)

7. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

JKnuth I know where you are coming from I have a beautifull fossilized stone with sea shells all over it. I can't wait to put a mink on it or use as a background for a fish.
    Great how to article you have.
    chuck

8. JasonMoe

JasonMoe New Member

I bring coffee cans with me where I travel, just to get sand and rock specimens. lol, Well, you can't beat the real thing. Port Washington sand vs. Chetek WI sand is different than LaCrosse WI sand Mississisppi River sand. Molding sand is the next thing.