1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

deer mounts

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by weekley2006, Oct 24, 2006.

1. weekley2006

weekley2006 New Member

I have some deer mounts for sale can someone tell me what they are worth.

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

They are worth what you can get. Not trying to sound like a smarta$$ but the market fluctuates on eBay (which is prob. the best place to get maximum $$$), I've seen similar mounts sell for $150.00 to $500.00.

3. RTF

RTF Active Member

They are worth a lot more then what you would get on Ebay. IMO.

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Where would you sell them to get more than on eBay?

5. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Check your wildlife laws. Some states have laws restricting the resale of mounted items and watch ebay closely. I am not for sure about MO, they may allow it. The state to your southwest does not.

6. I was a at recent gun show and someone had three deerhead mounts that he was trying to sell for 100 bucks each. They had pretty decent racks, although nothing great, but he apparently couldn't get rid of them either. His original price was $350 each and he said he lowered it to 100 each because he was sick of carrying the things around. It was nice work too. He would have been lucky to get $75 each on ebay. I was thinking about buying them to resell to someone who was looking to replace antlers because the mounts were nice quality but my wife got the upper hand on that deal and shagged me out of there, lol. She said if I wouldn't let her buy a new handgun I wasn't gonna be buying some old deerheads. I love her reasoning.

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I have sold a deer head on eBay, once. It had a fairly small rack, 2yr old deer w/ short tines, maybe scored 110. Standard shoulder mount w/ no panel sold for $435.00 plus 75.00 to ship.. It's been my experience that eBay is a seller's market and stuff generally brings what it's worth. I've seen quality birds bring 500-600 and quality bobcats for 1200. Granted, most of the stuff on there is crap and sells accordingly.

8. mount it

mount it My Mount

E Bay is the way to go. Put a reserve on them and if they do not sell you are only out a small fee. Randall