1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Boar Degreaser

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Geno, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Geno

Geno New Member

Did my boar degreaser question stump the world?128 hits and no answer.I received the same from Kemsol after 3 long distance phone calls to Colorado.Apparently no one understands the formula stated on the instructions.Reckon I'll go the old route instead of using the more expensive method.Thanks anyway folks.Geno

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Useing Kemsol Degreaser ,how much for a med boar is needed per gal of water?I figure about 2 1/2 gals of water to get a good coverage.The label states 1 part KM per 2-20 parts water.Looking for recommendation's from one of you whom mounts boars often.Maybe my math just isn't quite up to a fifth grader!Thanks Geno

What is so hard to figure out, mix 1 part degreaser to 2 parts water if you want it strong to cut fat,,,,,,, or 1 part kemsol to 20 parts water if you just want to wash a dirty hide. Whats so hard about that? The hog is fatty right? Then mix it the strongest you can, and you might ev en have to wash it two or three times.

A "part" is what ever you use to measure with, 1 spoon kemsol to two spoons water,,, or one 55 gallon drum kemsol to two 55 gallon drums water.

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

So, how much water if I have 3 five gallon buckets of Kemsol, but the buckets are ony 3/4 full?

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

3 five gallon buckets ony 3/4 full= 11.25 gallons of kemsol to 22.5 gallons of water for a 1 to 2 ratio. 8)

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I have a squirrel to degrease, that sounds like the perfect formula T. Thanks.

6. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

I have a question on how to handle a prepared warthog skull that came back from the African taxidermist having discolored portions within the skull, which are obviously due to grease or marrow. What would you recommend to degrease this skull and get these discolored areas cleared? Thanks!