1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rattlesnake animation

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Rattlerguy, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Rattlerguy

Rattlerguy New Member

I saw a rattlesnake mounted at Piedmont several years ago that had a motion detector built into it and when someone came near it cause the rattles to start buzzing. Anyone know how to incorporate that into a mount?

I appreciate any tips.

2. It is done with a small personal vibrator inserted into the tail of the mannequin and a thin wire attached up into the rattles from ther vibrator. A small motion detector is attched under the bse to start the vibrator when someone approaches. I,ve done a few of them in the past and they are tricky to make work consistently. FRor a customer figure about 500.00 for the mounted snake and motion base

3. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Tom, Whats a personal vibrator? Do they sell them at Walmart? ;D LOL
  4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

If requested

I think Tom might autograph the personal vibrators....

5. Actually Kerby, you can get it in an adult bookstore, its called the Little BEE, its small like a grape size. You take it aprt from its shell, and solder a long thin wire to the twisting mechanism which causes vibration. Works good, but it finicky .
  6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I'll trust ya,...

I'll trust ya on that one.

7. jazz_fan1

jazz_fan1 New Member

Is this still the preferred method for making a rattlesnake rattle? Or has anyone invented a different way they would like to share? I am really struggling with the mechanics of this, I just can't seem to wrap my head around a way to make it work. I would like to have it remote operated instead of motion detected.
  8. Bob Scott

Bob Scott New Member

Using the same idea as Tom's, acquire a "remote egg" vibrator. Just search it up on your favorite search engine, and take your pick. The cheap ones suck for range. Extra bonus: take the remote to WallyWorld or somesuch, tuck it in your coat pocket and just mash it repeatedly and see who's packin'.