1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wolf form source

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Dave H, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    I am looking for a good place to get Wolf forms. Some one on here once mentioned a good source out of Canada, but I can't remember the name. Van Dykes McKenzies and research have a very limited number, and the last one I bought from McKenzie wasn't very nice at all.

2. John W.

John W. New Member

I believe Van Dykes has wolf forms. ;D

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

When you find out Dave, let me know.

4. Tom Parish

Tom Parish New Member

In Canada, try Knapton's Studio's. Joe Coombs is carrying some of his forms I believe.

5. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Van Dykes,McKenzie,Research,Jonas and Coombs all have some good wolf forms.Like all other lifesize forms,some are better than others and you have to pick a little,but all have some good wolf forms,quite a few when you add them up.

6. dugout

dugout Winners are just losers who never quit.

I would like to find a wolf form big enough to fit the hide I have. All the forms I've seen
    are 53" to 55",and my wolf is 76"! That's more alteration than I want to deal with.
    Any suggestions?

7. Hey Dugout, You must be measureing a skin without stretching it for with. A 53" to 55" nose to base of tail on the carcass is a very large wolf.A wolf of that size should also have a circumference of 30" to 32".If you are coming up with a circumference of only 20" to 24" then the hide has been stretched lengthwise therefore giving you a much smaller circumference.When you stretch it back in width for the circumference, i guarentee the length will shrink dramatically.My experience has been when you skin out a wolf that has a carcass measurement of 48" nose to base of tail for example,will jump up to atleast 60" nose to base of tail skinned out because there is nothing to keep the circumference since the carcass has been removed.

8. dugout

dugout Winners are just losers who never quit.

Good point about stretching. I haven't tanned it yet,so any measurements are
    just estimates. Thanks for getting my head straight! :-[