1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Antelope horn removal....the final frontier!!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by michael p., Oct 18, 2007.

1. Wildmantaxidermy

Wildmantaxidermy Member

great idea with drilling the hole! takes all guess work out of it! Thanks

2. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

This looks like a great. How I just to get a antelope for my own. Any good ideas on good places to head out to?

3. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Antelope are found out west

4. huntingful

huntingful Prairie Ghost Artistry LLC

Just boil them for a bit and it truly depends on the head for how long. After say 30 mins pull the head out put some gloves on and twist the horns to see if they come off. If not just repeat it. I use borax, dawn, vinegar, and other products to help. Those are mainly for grease removal and smell removal.

5. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I thought we could just go hunting duh.

I was wondering if someone could point out something that would provide a good chance to get a nice antelope, at a lower cost.

6. Wildmantaxidermy

Wildmantaxidermy Member

Jigginjim: Come on out to Montana, easter montana... Forsyth, Glendive, Jordan, all those towns have good population and not to hard to get tags! you wont need a guide if you get on BML land and there is lots of it as well. Also Wyoming has a ton of em as well though i have no idea what population is or how easy it is to get tags as i dont live there. Good luck man if you have any other questions let me know.