1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

first fish repair

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jbaker, Oct 21, 2007.

1. jbaker

jbaker New Member

Here are some pictures of my first fish repair. I used an artificial fin and made the gill flap out of hardware cloth and apoxie sculpt. I know there are alot of you that could of done a better job. Just curious how everyone would've approached this repair. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Looks to me like the methods you chose were more than sufficient.................jerry

3. BigSwede

BigSwede Member

Looks great, you should have one happy customer. B S

4. Looks good from my house. Nice job

5. Ihntdeer

Ihntdeer Member

Looks great

6. JasonMoe

JasonMoe New Member

Looks great! I use the same thing, apoxie sculpt. You can card the gill plate with saran wrap over the apoxie sculpt and it won't stick to the saran wrap. You can card a broken fin or gill flap with apoxie with saran over it, then peel it off and paint. I was wondering if you knew how old that fish was. The eye looks pretty modern. Just wondering.

7. jbaker

jbaker New Member

The fish was mounted about 5 years ago. I was told that his wife set it on the floor while cleaning and the cat decided it was going to have fish whether it was fresh or not and gnawed off a bunch. The eye was a tohickon style 135 with a white pupil.

8. looks awesome you are awesome

9. nice job

10. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

lloks great to me too

11. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!