1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone else sell AMWAY....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mntduks-tx, Oct 24, 2007.

1. mntduks-tx

mntduks-tx New Member

i was cleaning out the storage and found my old Amway junk and wondered where the folks who signed me up are and if they made it big etc.

then i wondered who else in taxidermy tried to sell this stuff or any other products like it...

is amway still alive?

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Well...we never got to the selling point in Amway. When we were in college, my brother-in-laws sister Caroline and her husband Wally called and said they wanted to come visit us. I said fine, make it on a weekend, and we'd have dinner together. They come, we eat, we're talking and having a good time, then ole Wally says..let me go out to the car and get something. The next hour was misery, listening to their spill, and product demo's. Finally my wife said "we are in school on work-study, and don't have time to do this, and we're not doing this". Well, they didn't have sense enough to take a cue on that, and things went south fast. Finally, my wife told them to pack up their trinkets ad leave...we still had to push them out the door! A few years later my physician called one day and asked if we would come over for a barbecue...he had a friend who was going to tell about a great opportunity. I asked if it was Amway...he him-hawed around and finally said it was...I respectfully declined his offer.

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I know a couple of folks that sell Scamway products. One was a the General Manager of a large Nuclear Engineering Firm. He is doing very, very well. Of course he now has no friends, but that's besides the point!!!

Their products are okay, but I can't stand all the different detergents having similar labels. Takes too long to find the crap.

Had another person we use to work with also hit us hard with the Scamway pitch. I flat out asked him if it was Scamway and he told me it's in the "import/export" arena. After an hour he and his wife finally fessed up to their little white lie. I had been tipping a few while the sales pitch was going on and getting obnoxious. His wife apparently wasn't digging that. At one point she mentioned that "one of the very successful Scamway Double Diamonds (Or whatever their stupid levels of their pyramid is called) is Mary Lou Retton. I immediately responded that "I hate that bubby bitch". And she fired back "well she's more successful than you'll EVER be". BOY, did I prove her WRONG eh??? LOL!!! Needless to say, it was time for them to leave. It was actually the third time in my life I had been roped into wasting an hour and a half of my time. It won't happen again. I now can recognize these things coming on not only by their sales pitch, but that giant "L" on their forehead is a dead giveaway. Can't believe you're ADMITTING you're one of THEM!!! You're Right up there with Telemarketers IMO...

4. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Marty..."Scamway"..what an appropriate acronym!!! Then let's move on to Primerica...another one to avoid! Sales people take note...nobody wants you in their home anymore (if they ever did). People buy insurance off of TV ads using the phone and the internet...they buy consumer products at Wal-Mart...PERIOD!

5. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

My great uncle sold Watkins products. I know of a few people that still sell Watkins, some of their products are good - or used to be anyway, can't afford them now to find out, LOL.

Don't know anyone that still sells Amway. Are they still around?

6. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Last I heard Becky is Scamway was going online and was called "Quixtar" or some variation of that spelling. Funny thing was with one of my "friends" that hit me up with the sales pitch at one point he asked "wouldn't you rather buy your toilet paper off of one of your friends vs. putting those profits in the pocket of somebody you don't know?" I responded by saying that my FRIEND would sell it to me at his/her cost. If I remember correctly, he didn't have a reply to that one...

7. My brother-in-law got sucked into that Qiuxtar mess. He spent nearly $3000 in one year going to all their little sales seminars and buying their products that will help you sell their products. (presentation materials) And the second year he spent another $3000 or so and finally called it quits.

If it has anything to do with Multi Level Marketing, unless you're one of the first ones in, don't bother.

8. catman

catman Active Member

I'm still waiting to see your perch on the cover of a Wheaties box, Fishart. LOL

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I had a neighbor and his wife invite me over to talk about this great"opportunity" and I had heard it before, several times. I was in sales then so I was a target as the scamway wanta bee's thought I would be perfect for these "opportunitys" and go far pushing their crap. To bad I wouldn't budge. The hardest thing to do is sell something people can't touch or see. A year later I asked my neighbors how they were doing in scamway, and they had dropped out and had a totally different view point about the company from a year before.

10. mntduks-tx

mntduks-tx New Member

i never sold any amway... just bought into it because i didnt know how to tell my friend no without hurting his feelings....

11. Becky P

I have some guttin' stix to sell and MP has some foarm stock for sale. You gonna buy some from us "friends"??? We might cry if ya don't. LMAO

12. mntduks-tx

mntduks-tx New Member

i tried the guttin stick and ended up stabbing myself in the leg... the foarm stock is something i think everyone should of bought that was opportunity knocking.... just like amway....

13. Becky P

LMAO. Did you sue for damages? Maybe it was defective? Come with proper use instructions? Heck, you could retire a very rich man, afterall you can get paid for spiling hot coffee in your lap.

14. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Tell him that if he brings that $hit up again your going to kick your best friend ass.

A couple of years ago something simular came around and man everyone I new was selling it. It cost $500 or so and you could make a little money at it if you drove all your friends crazy. They would call or come by the house and they would say have you heard of this and I said, Ya you know stay away from our old friend bob he's selling that crap and will talk for an hour. Well my other line was Ive heard of it and every one so far thats brought it up Ive told to go to hell. My wife said I could not say that to people but it worked.

15. gab

gab Active Member

a guy that worked with my wife got in a class action suit trying to sue them over lost commissions.not only did they lose they had to pay the lawyers on BOTH sides.He ended up filing bankruptcy (for the 2nd time)
    If it seems to good to be true,it usually is.

16. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

My cousin tried to get me involved with the Amway years ago but never was interested in it. I knew another guy that sold Tea tree oil products and some kind of health potion that smelled like it should be used for embalming fluid. LOL! Recently I had a Orthodontist from across the highway trying to get me involved with some multilevel marketing with some kind of Berry juice Goiji or Joji I really don't know what the heck kind of stuff it was LOL. And then there was the Pampered chef party I got talked into going to. Now that was some nice stuff but man have to take out a second mortgage on my house to afford it. The lady just kept saying how much money she was making instead of demonstrating the product. And then she told us how she hated to cook! That really soured me on that whole deal. My sister in law got a good deal but I paid out 50 bucks for a couple spices and a spatula!,Mark V. AKA one level marketer=POOr

17. mntduks-tx

mntduks-tx New Member

my attorney called today and said that the lawsuit is a slam dunk... the only thing is that all shareholders will be sued also... so i told him to go ahead with the suit and be a piranha.. looks like i will be owning some property in la grange texas and hoosierville indiana. maybe micheal p. can stop payment on that BIG stock purchase... or for a million trillion dollars i can call the wolves off..

hmm... is that like blackmail?

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I already got fired from my board position :)

I honestly think AMWAY is a cult. I had some friends from Austin get deep into it & they turned into the Jehovas witness' of the multi-level marketing world. To each their own...but the thing is cultish in my opinion.

19. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

LMAO!!!

20. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

Serveral years ago my sister- inlaw invited me over for a Amway shin-dig, the big cheese of this presentation was wearing an old wrinkled up suit and driving a 72 ford pinto(no lie) held together w/baling wireLOL and he went on showing these graphs and pie charts & telling me how if I joined up I would soon be able to own my very own Corvette and have a house in the Hamptons.