1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Halloween Mask!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rick Carter, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I want to see what kind of Halloween masks and costumes taxidermists can come up with. I made this one a few years back with Apoxie sculpt, a spare deer eye and Polytranspar paint. Post a picture of yourself or your kids. Ken made this new Halloween avatar for me. Happy Halloween!

[​IMG]

2. Mary Krueger

Mary Krueger Guest

Rick,
    That is too cool! I need to figure out how to get pictures on here. Heck , I am registered, but can not log in...anyways....Halloween is my families favorite. We have done some great costumes from casting bull horns and making rodeo clown outfits with the horns running through us. Adhering bear hair to our bodies and clothing for werewolves, latexing great distorted faces, etc. etc.
    Maybe the girls can help me get pics on when they get home from school! LOL

3. Wow Rick, nice job. I have just an old store bought mask, one is a wood troll and the other is a gray haired old man.

Since I love out of town, we decorate my folks yard. Tombstones, lots of spider webbing, lights, 2 fog machines and a graveyard back drop, soound effect even a flying ghost, strobe lights. Every year we add to it bats, the foam life size vampire, rats and more!!.

My niece and nephew helps, she dress as a cute little princes handing out candy. Noone suspects the grim reaper statue is my nephew until its to late. These kids would rather scare people than trick or treat!!!

Plans for next year is to add two skeletons not those crappy vinyl ones either!!! Lightning box, yea!!!! and of course more tombstones. Woriking on a air powered ram to make things move!! You can build an air ram from pvc pressure pipe!

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Rick, if I may, the canter of the eye is off, the flesh tone is off, the dental work is not realistic as the count is way off, to many teeth on one side, should be 16. The blood on the shirt looks like applied with the finger. I have to score it a 78. All critiques are final.

5. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

Mr T, yea, but you have to admit, the side with the teeth showing, looks better than the other side. just kidding, pretty cool Rick.
    Dan Gill

6. Dave York

Dave York Guest

Not having met Rick could someone tell me which side is Rick and which side is the Halloween mask?