1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Try out this quiz on west nile virus - test your knowledge

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by newbirdman, Oct 27, 2006.

1. newbirdman

newbirdman New Member

I just came across this quiz on the west nile virus . See how good you are and how much you know . It could save your life . I'm proud to say , I got all 15 correct , but I had to guess at two of them . Rick

http://app.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/WNVQuiz/Quiz.aspx

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I got 4 wrong the first time, but I got them all right when I took it a second time. I am going to try a third time to see if I can get them all right twice in a row.

3. Missed the dark clothing question, I have to disagree with it. I can were bright clothes and find just as many skeeters.

4. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Mr. T! LOL

80%

I disagree with the clothing thing too, mosquitoes LOVE me, no matter WHAT I'm wearing. Hubby rarely gets bit.

5. I only missed one. Lucky for me I don't get bit much unlike my wife who is a smorgus board for them.

6. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I missed one also, I got the one wrong on the clothing. I like to see what's trying to bite me.lol

7. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I missed four. The clothing one, I also disagree with.
    BTW, what the hell does a male mosquito eat?

8. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I don't know Becky P what they eat but the way you put it was funny. Maybe there here as a decoy. If you kill a couple and they don't have blood in them they were the male decoy's. LOL ;D

9. Wolfwoman

Becky!!!

;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I haven't a clue either!!!

10. Wolfwoman

Found it!!!!

Only the female mosquitoes feed on blood, male mosquitoes feed on plant nectar and juices.

11. I missed 3 out of the 15 for 80%, actually did better than I thought I would have.

12. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

An
    And now we know. Learn something everyday (or at least, try to). LOL

13. Li Li

Li Li New Member

I missed one... 93%. It was the one where WNV was first reported (NY). I had no idea. There have been a few reported cases where I live, and because my young child is real sick right now (can't seem to get the fever below 102), that's the first thing that crossed my mind... WNV! The skeeters have been thick here for the past few weeks...

14. Oh well, 73%, I am still just average, I thought we were suppose to get smarter with age?

15. newbirdman

newbirdman New Member

I cant believe you guy's didn't know that only the female mosquito bites you and that the males live on pollen . The reason females need blood is to produce the babies . One more thing , if you eat a lot of Banana's , then you will get bit more . It has something to do with the potassium . Rick

16. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I knew of a fella that would not eat sugar during the summer and claimed that the skeeters never bothered him. He is gone now but I remember him saying that.