1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ANGLERS ARTISTRY Workshops 2008

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

2008 Workshops

Anglers Artistry is now booking the 2008 one on one workshops! Join the family of Anglers Artistry taxidermists who share in the same enthusiasm and passion for Fish Taxidermy as you. One on one workshops is what I do and you will have the comfort and time to learn the most advanced fish techniques in the industry today. Industry setting cutting edge innovation and nearly 2 decades of teaching practice has helped produce State, National and World championships for some past Anglers Artistry family members along with having a great enjoyment and satisfaction for your own work! From the complete beginner to the most advanced competitive taxidermist Anglers Artistry will make a custom workshop to meet your needs and help you achieve your goals!

Every workshop is designed to provide you a stress free fun atmosphere while learning how to achieve the highest quality fish techniques. Each and every member of the Anglers Artistry family is just that a part of a big family! Many past members have taken full opportunity of making friends across the country with other Anglers members. I mention this, as this over the years has become a true part of the post workshop experience. Sharing information, fish and friendship along with networking for great outdoor adventures make this aspect of Anglers Artistry notable!

Here are some of the custom one on one options for the 2008 workshop services :
    • 1-30 day workshop custom classes
    • Skin mounts real and custom parts open gills workshops
    • Reproduction workshops
    • Painting workshops
    • Anatomy and custom carving pedestal mount workshops
    • Casting and mold making workshops
    • Design and competition habitat workshops
    • Special wood carvers workshops
    All workshops are totally custom to you and only your needs!

Room and board is available at the farm nestled in the mountains of beautiful New England. Generous meals and lots of fun go hand and hand with your workshops.
    We never watch a clock or charge by the hour. You time is your time we will work until the day is done! In a 10-day workshop most student can fish up to 4 fish. We offer combination workshop with reproductions and skin mounts. Your workshop is recorded in digital photos for you along with great value of additional take home material as part of your workshop.

I’m Rick Krane and I take my reputation as one of the premier leaders in fish instruction seriously. I have dedicated myself over the past 2 decades to becoming the best teacher I can be. A full time studio and full time teacher in fish taxidermy, I will take your goals and reputation as seriously as my very own! There are many choices today and some wonderful teachers for some to look over and to spend their time and money with to learn taxidermy. We are not all born with equal talent, so choose a great teacher who can teach all levels of talent and ablity to reach the most you have in you!

Thanks you for taking your time to read this information and considering Anglers Artistry as your choice to learn fish taxidermy!

My very best to you!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry

Here are several pictures of the past workshop participants over the past 18 months. Please take the time and enjoy the work of folks just like you who took the first step!

16 year old Tim Brown
    [​IMG]
    Steve Browkowski
    [​IMG]
    Mony Artrip
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cory Foth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Travis Peterson
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bob Bernetski
    [​IMG]
    Glen Lehman
    [​IMG]
    Jimmy Lawrence
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lt. Nick Borkowski USAF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    David Jeffries
    [​IMG]
    Jason Cole
    [​IMG]
    Fred Pride
    [​IMG]
    Randy Kittle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gary Peters
    [​IMG]
    Corey Logo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bill grenfell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chad See
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stanley Nykorchuk
    [​IMG]
    Bill Fraad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Paul Czarnecki
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bill Willis
    [​IMG]

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I will personally vouch for Ricks teaching abilities. Anyone feel free to send me a personal message, or email!!! [email protected] I will answer any questions you may have, from a students point of view! Rick, hopefully I will see you this coming year!!!!! Thanks a bunch. Jimmy.

3. Billw

Billw Member

I second that Jimmy. Rick is a breath of fresh air when it comes to teaching and as a person.If you are looking for a teacher who will hold nothing back and has an absolute passion for what he does you found the right guy in Rick Krane. He will take years off your learning experience and you will leave there looking at fish in a whole new way.And boy can he cook! I to am willing to answer any questions as Jimmy says if it will help a fellow fish head - you all have a great one! And Rick I hope things are going well for you and the family.May God Bless You IN All That You Do! Bill

4. Rick Krane

A big Thank you Jimmy and Bill! My blessings in my personal and work life are the same I'm grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life! To be able to teach and make friends with such passionate and gifted folks is a true blessing!

My Best!

Rick Krane

5. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.
    My Mom paid for me to take a 10 class with Mr. Krane when I was 15. My family has been in taxidermy for 30 years. I learned so much from Rick and he is a freind. He has pactienceand has a way to make you see things that are just so simple once you see them. I spent 10 days with Rick at his home and the classes some days went in to the night. I learned so much about fish taxidermy I want to take over the family business when I graduate from High school or collage. I mean no disrespect to any one but even my dad and my grand father say that I do fish better them both of them ever could. You will work hard and the days will be long but it is worth it if you want to learn how to do fish the right way. I wish my teachers at school were as cool and into what they do like Rick was with me. I give my opinion and my best recomndation to Rick as a teaher and as a great person to know.
    Stanley Nykorchuk

6. J COLE

J COLE New Member

As a begining taxidermist and new to the art. Anglers Artistry has cultivated my eyes and thoughts to look at fish art in a more realistic perspective. Anatomy,color,fin positions,over all interpitation of reference material, are some of the key fundimentals which I've learned the RIGHT way. I feel I have a very strong foundation as a begining
    fish taxidermist thanks too Ricks "fish boot camp". Im looking forward to competing in the next few years.With Anglers Artistry I feel I've gained the confidence, leverage and over all ability to become a great fish taxidermist.With some hard work and practice I'll be on the scene soon .HEADS UP!!
    Good luck to all,
    J.Cole

7. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

I to have learned from the best. I looked long and hard and I made the decision not based on reputation alone but on a teachers ability to communicate his or her knowledge. I took time because my money and time are of great value to me and I wanted to be able to apply what I learn when got back to my home. I got more then my monies worth! In life I have found in business as well that rarely does any one these day meet your expectations. Rick Krane is a true teacher and his passion for fish and his students come forth in a very positive way. I'm not a full time taxidermist but I value my time, experience and hard earned money at a premium. There may be big name folks out there who are great at what they do but I bet some of them who teach today learned from this taxidermist Rick Krane. I give a full endorsement to Rick Krane and if you need to write me and I'll tell you what I experienced first hand.
    My best
    Matt G Tax101

8. Rick Krane

WOW I can't thank you guys enough!!!A great student make a for a good opportunity for a great teacher to to at their best! I have said this time and time again however it still remains true... The one thing in common all the Anglers Artistry family of taxidermist have is their passion and drive for fish! I have experienced over the years some truly tremendous people who have come to see me and learn fish taxidermy. The one common factor is a focus and a passion to learn. That sure makes what I do fun and motivating to me! Stan, Jason and Matt a big thanks and I hope all of you can get together for the big Summer workshop and taxidermy event Kathie and I will be hosting here in the farm! Were looking at some increadable hands on workshops. World and National champions will be here to instruct you in some diffrent aspects of fish work and other areas of taxidermy Birds and Deer Heads as well! More to come on this as the year unfolds. I love to teach and share in what I have learned to make all of us a little bit better at what we love to do!

My Best!

Rick Krane

9. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Rick is the hands on workshop going to be a couple of days? Do you plan on having a few at the same time? Will there be any on Turkey mounting? Just wondering. Email me let me know I will eagerly attend. Matt

10. When it comes to fish taxidermy training , it simply doesn`t get any better, than Rick Krane`s classes . I struggled with fish for years and Rick made it fun for me . He taught me more in 10 days ,than I had learned in the previous 16 years . In addition to that , he is just a great guy , who likes helping other people reach their goals . I know , I will be returning to Rick`s ,for more training, as time permits . He`s the best I`ve seen, at getting the information across to you . Must be the big stick he hits you with . LOL Just joking . I highly recommend training at Anglers Artistry . If he can teach this old southern guy , he can teach anyone . Simply put , he`s the best out there . Randy Kittle

11. Rick Krane

Hey Randy!
    Big Thank you for such kind words! I needed to get a new stick however after your workshop! LOL!!!! It was great to hear from you today and learn that your busy working away! I want to say thank you again for a kind recommendation!

Matt it will be in an upcoming email and posting at the beginning of the year. That you for your intrest!

My Best!

Rick Krane

12. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Here is a King Salmon I did once I got back from Ricks. I was holding off doing this King because at the time I didn't have the confidence to try something of this size or of this importance to me. After 10 days with Rick I new I could try to do this on my own. I was so happy with the out come and that I did it my self. I can not say enough to tell other how great it feel to be living a life long dream of doing my own fish that way I want to see them done. Any one intrested in taking classes with rick feel free to write me and I'll tell you what I got out of the time and money I spent.
    Matt
    Tax101

13. Rick Krane

Matt thank you so much for the kind words. ( The check is in the mail LOL) I do most sincerely thank you and the others who share in there experience in learing fish work with me here in Beautiful New England. I will also note speaking of beauty it is the after work that you and other past Anglers Artistry folks do like this King you have shown that makes me so happy and proud that I teach. I have said this all along that God has given me a gift to share with others so that is what I have been put forth to do. I'm inspired each and every day by the beauty of the world we live in and the natures wonderful gifts that Our Creator has given us.

Matt thank again!
    Rick Krane

14. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

rick send me a pm with some pricing for your workshops, we spoke last year after nationals and you were going to get me some info, i currently do fish, just not to the degree of what i see a few others able to do, and what i have noticed is most of these people have been students of yours, i think the things that would be most beneficial to me is your methods of paint and finish work, and your method of carving bodies, i carve my own, but dont lay them out like you and would like to learn your method, thanks, Russ

15. Rick Krane

Hey Russ I will send you via email a 2008 workshop packet. It will cover most questions however if you have any questions just give a call and I will do my best o answer them.

Thanks again for your intrest!

My Best!
    Rick Krane

16. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Definately the best money I have spent. We had a good time and I came away with the big thing that has been missing from my fish: carving bodies and anatomy. I continue to see improvements with every fish since the class. Rick is a class act and will cut years off the learning curve.

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

Allright,,,thats enough, Mr Krane---your flooding the world with outstanding fish guys--us average guys wont be able take any in ;D VERY nice work indeed............

18. Rick Krane

RDA LOL! I could only hope to fill the world with great folks like you to do a better fish that would make you me and all of or customers happy! Thank you for the nice words. It is so easy for me to work with great fish artist as they are motivated and want to learn to better work with so much drive it make my love for teaching a fun road to travel! I do try very hard to push my self if not every day at least every moment I can to learn or better interpret information that helps me help others in learning fish work. I'm so very envious that you live so close to Pyramid Lake. My great friend George and Carla Molino own a wonderful Cutthroat charter business and a local store which caters to fisherman and taxidermist alike. I would be there every day if I lived out your way! You should look them up or call them some time. 775-476-0555.

Monty!!!! You sir are a gentleman and one very talented fish artist!!! I thank you for the kindness in your words and the encouragement to others. I know you will continue to expand your gifts and talent until one day you achieve your great goal!

My Best!

Rick Krane

19. TMoney334

TMoney334 New Member

Rick, just want to let you know that it is good to hear someone recognize that their talents are God given. Though I don't know you personally, it appears as though you are a very talented teacher and a good person. This world is definitely a beautiful creation by God, who is the greatest artist of all. I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I see the beauties of nature, I always think, "God, you definitely know what you're doing!" Though nature seems like an odd way to deepen a relationship with our Creator, it definitely is. Personally, I'm closest to the Lord while silent and just observing what he has created for us to enjoy, and I'm sure others feel the same way. Sooo...keep doing what you're doing, as it is a testimony. Everyone out there, take the time to reflect on how beautiful our world is. Take a minute and just sit there and enjoy it. Remember everything we have is because of the Lord, and everything we do should glorify him! Oh yeah, Rick, as soon as I graduate from college I'm taking one of your classes and I'm gonna tear it up on some fish mounts! Take care everyone!

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

mR. kRANE, YES i DO LIVE CLOSE TO PYRAMID--ALTHOUGH THE FISHERY HA S SUFFERED A BIT FROM THE OLD DAYS.. iT WAS 1979,,, WE WERE TROLLING M2 FLATFISH, AND BETWEEN MY dAD AND MYSELF WE CAUGHT 11 fish that day-the s ones we kept were-twelve, fifteen and 17 pounds and that 17 lber didnt even get into the top three that week :D I still do a lot of over 10 pound cuts! Keep up the fantastic work-I get inspired just lookin at the pics ;) ps., I typed this pre-coffee ;D