1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gluing teeth back into a skull

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Steve-o, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Steve-o

Steve-o New Member

Hi
    What glue do you like to use to glue teeth back into a cleaned and whitened skull?

I am working on a bobcat skull and just want opinions on what type of glue to use on the teeth.

Thanks,
    Steve-o

2. I use zap a gap. It does not take much. Later.

3. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

elmers

4. Elmer's white. The kind that water will allow you to remove them if ever it is needed.David

5. bulldog4949

exactly...nothing like getting teeth in where they don't belong and not being able to get the demon looking teeth back out...LOL

6. I thought I was the only one that did that kind of things.LOL. David

7. bulldog4949

Def. not!! LOL.... :eek:

8. anubis

anubis New Member

I superglue all teeth.

9. bonez

bonez New Member

PA
    I use Aleene's quick dry tacky glue
    Regards
    BONEZ

10. Steve-o

Steve-o New Member

Bonez
    Where do you buy that glue?
    Thanks,
    Steve-o

11. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Elmers glue is my choice. I use it on all skull work.

12. Jesse Carr

Jesse Carr Get a holt with your feet and stick your chest out

i will use a little ball of apoxie sculpt white

13. Weldbond

14. Good Ol' Elmer or some quick dry'n Epoxy

15. bonez

bonez New Member

PA
    Steve most craft stores have it you can also remove it with a good water soak
    BONEZ

16. Taxidermy Nutt

Taxidermy Nutt yup, i can b cray-Z!

i use superglue for the teeth. with teeth in correct place i will only glue around the base of teeth, on the inside, or part that is usually not shown. the glue soaks into the bone giving the teeth a permanent hold and it looks great. then if the bottom jaw is separated durring cleaning, i use a small amount of elmers woodglue. when it is dry i use superglue on the inside to seal it and give it an extra-strong hold. hope this helps, Seth

17. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

MORE than once! lol
    Gotta use Elmer's!

18. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

I only use super glue. I have purchased skulls that have teeth glued in with Elmer's and have had the teeth fall out or the glue show at the base of the teeth. The way Taxidermy Nutt described how to glue the teeth in with super glue is dead on. In my opinion, this way has the longest lasting hold and is definitely the best looking. I have had to remove teeth after using super glue, and it takes a few minutes but it's fairly simple. Just use a cotton swab and colorless, unscented finger nail polish remover (acetone) and dab at the base of the tooth where it's glued in. Keep it up until the tooth becomes loose. I always use Krazy Glue brand super glue, they sell a little four pack of small, single use tubes so that you don't have to worry about a larger tube sealing itself shut between uses. Just be careful when you open the glue, it tends to come out FAST when you break the seal... it's kinda hard to work on your skulls when your fingers are glued together, lol!

19. AJ

AJ New Member

ditto, good stuff.

20. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

I just hit the root with a little bit of hot glue, dries quicker than everything, and holds pretty well.