1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Inside the head

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by carollinacreations, Nov 19, 2007.

1. carollinacreations

carollinacreations New Member

On a european mount, what is the best way to remove the brains or do you let them dry out inside the head?
    Thanks

2. hhbones

hhbones New Member

Ohio
    Do a search for brain blaster.

3. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

screwdriver and water nozzle!!

4. RiflePines

RiflePines New Member

Take a piece of copper wire about a foot long. Fold it in half with a loop left at the end. Put the cut ends inside a drill where a bit should be. Put the loop inside the hole at the back of the skull. Wire whip. Water blast it out. Works for me.

5. azarcher1972

azarcher1972 New Member

i just use any object that will fit in the brain cavity, i have a favorite stick...lol i scramble the brain, then use a nozzle on the end of the garden hose, point away from you, and just stick the nozzle in the cavity and the brain matter should start comming out with the water.

6. could you use a "guttin stick" to scramble the brains up before using the water blaster??

7. carollinacreations

carollinacreations New Member

Thanks to all who responded.

8. chasintail

chasintail New Member

Crochet hook

9. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

No other way than the "BRAIN BLASTER"!!! Try it and you will never look back! Takes seconds.....not minutes!