1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

8 1/2 EN on a whitetail

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by [email protected], Nov 20, 2007.

1. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Took one in today, measured, measured & remeasured. Honest 8 1/2 EN measurement. Not that big a deer otherwise. 20" meat measurement right below the ears. Longest EN I have seen.

2. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

i got an 8 incher down here this year bill, he was an old guy, and only had a 20 inch neck, probably have to get a change out head or morph two forms together to make it work, LOL but it will all work out in the end, typically our normal deer measure 7 to 7 1/2 max, Russ

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

WOW!!! He must have had a honker like ol' George's :)

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Michael, I resemble that remark. Now where's your brother, Darrell? He's too quiet. He's into something.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

His wife doesnt let him on the computer at night. George, you know that Darrell has to grab the buttons on his shirt with his left hand to button it ;) :D

6. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

I have no need to get into this thread......LMAO...but that right there is funny!!!

;)

7. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

Yep I got one in 8 1/4 eye to nose 19 at the C and 22 at the atlas. It becomes a long faced deer but try to get a form with those measurements notta so go with the neck size and exstend the eye to nose it is probably a skinny faced deer so it wont,t look weird.

8. bill@hogheaven

Actually the head on this deer looks fine & correctly proportioned, just BIG. We will get an 8" & go from there.

9. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I picked up a big one this fall from a local game farm. It was a "battlefield" casualty. 8 1/4" X 24" X 27". The neck measurements were taken on the neck AFTER skinning. Huge body deer weighing well over 300 pounds live weight. The buck was 8 years old and the rack was regressing, despite double drops I doubt that he'd gross score over 130. It's the longest face I've ever seen on a deer, but definitely not out of proportion th the rest of the cape.

10. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I had a 9 1/2 once, do I win? Thats an honest measurement, too, and on a big but not giant buck. Bill, ask Rob about that big head cast hanging over my work area from the buck named Abner I had.

11. bill@hogheaven

Bill...you do win! Unsure what the prize is? I will ask Rob about it. Happy turkey day.

12. mrdux

mrdux Member

I got in an 8 1/2 a couple of years ago. It was a 300 pound field dressed deer from Alberta. The entire time it was in my shop it dwarfed all the other local deer. The thing was a freak!! I think the measurements were 8 1/2x 23x26. The shoulders looked as wide as an elk!

13. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Largest E-N I've ever gotten in my shop was 9". Neck was 21" off carcass right behind ears. Taken in South Georgia!

[email protected] are you talking whitetail or blacktail?

14. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

i got in and 8 x 20 this year - 8 is the biggest ive ever taken in

15. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Yox,
    I don't know if you know this or not. But you are supposed to measure from the nose to the FRONT corner of the eye NOT the back corner !!!! HAHHA Just messin with ya. But 9 1/2 is HUGE !!!!!

16. giuseppe

giuseppe New Member

ny
    i got a 81/4 x 231/2 right beyond ears ,the buck weight was 197lb dressed

17. Tim

Tim Olean,NY

ny
    I wish i had a 8 incher ;D

18. John W.

John W. New Member

I shot a doe(archery) this year that had a 71/4 e-n measurement,not as long as your bucks but nice for a doe,she dressed 160lbs. ;D

19. jkidd

jkidd New Member

Just got through caping an 8 1/4 x 22x 27 1/2 deer from south GA. These were meat measurements. This is by far the biggest body deer I have gotten in. Aged him at 6 1/2 years old. I thought I had caped out some big deer until I caped this one out.

20. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

This must be the year for "long faced" deer. I just had a 7 3/4" X 17 X 18, come in. Now THAT, is out of proportion to the neck and body! That face really stood out on that deer.