1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fox with Rabbit in mouth

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Deerman, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Deerman

Deerman Member

SC
    Any ideals how I can do a fox with with a rabbit in it's mouth. The fox is not any problem its the rabbit. Any forms of a limp rabbit or is it possible to alter a form for this.Thanks for any input.

2. I did one a few years back and I wrapped the body out of excelsior much like a duck body, used the rabbit's head and clay in legs, worked real well.

3. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

You can wrap the body like jwj said, Or I know some companies carry dead mount form's. One company in particular I won't mention the name. Just look through your catalog's you still may have to alter. Good Luck, Jim

4. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

Deerman,
    I am no expert but:
    I buy a rabbit form or use 1 of my own foam casts and cut the rib/stomach area out. I then run wires up the middle and sandwhich a firm piece of soft upholsery foam between the head and bum. That way i can squeeze the rabbit to get a snug fit into the mouth of the fox.
    I also run a wire from the gut area of the rabbit and into the back of the foxes throat and just to keep it secure.
    I think I found that advice in the archs a while back.
    Here is 1 of mine.
    [​IMG]

5. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

There have been very few rabbits on the property here this year, stinkin foxes! More than ever around here.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

another tip is to fill the body area with hollow fill pillow stuffing, close to what Sam suggested.

7. Deerman

Deerman Member

SC
    Thanks for your replies. That's just what i needed to know.

8. Ratchet

Ratchet New Member

There is a limp rabbit form available from one of the large suppliers, but i cant remember who.

9. I believe either Van Dyke's or McKenzie's sells a dead rabbit form...i know one or the other has dead squirrels, so why not rabbits as well.