1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Beaver Forms

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Drop Tine, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Drop Tine

Drop Tine Guest

I can not find a form to fit my hide. What do you do when you do not have a jaw set or an old skull? The customer brought the hide in. All that is available is Open Mouthed.What shoul I do to make this work. Or can I call a Supply company? Will they make a closed mouth to my size? Please help. Thanks Mark Binnebose

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

REgardless, you're probably going to have to modify that form. There's such a very limited number of beaver forms to begin with. If it has to be closed, just cut the bottom jaw off back to the neck, flatten both jaws with a Surfoam tool, pin them together and pour foam over the open space. Once it cures,Surfoam the form to make the contour right. Then install the artificial teeth. On most of the beavers I do, I spit the form vertically from the nose to the tail. I then take bits of wire and push into one piece and slide the other into the wires so that the feet say flat on the table. For every inch gap, I increase the circumference by two inches. I tape it up with masking tape and plastic, fill it with foam and then carve it to shape. Beavers are just not a lot of fun and I'm raising prices again this year for them AND otters. Greasy and messy suckers.

3. deer_eater

deer_eater New Member

word has it that CG Taxidermy will be coming out with some new beaver forms soon, you can find their info elsewhere in this forum.

4. bill@hogheaven

bill@hogheaven New Member

I avoided beavers for years, probably that ridiculous price, then I get 2 in a row. Im with you on this one george, time for a price increase.

5. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

CG Products will have a new beaver form out withn the next 2 weeks. Check the For Sale forum and find their # and call to find out if it is near what your looking for.

6. Drop Tine

Drop Tine Guest

Thanks for all the help. You got it right when you say greasy. Thanks for the mouth tip George. It's great to have folks like you pros to help us beginners out. Thanks Mark